For all you chocolate lovers out there

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Interesting.

A few years ago Warren Buffet bought See's Candy, I hear because even when the economy goes south, no one can resist buying chocolate (or alcohol, etc.).

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Yeah--very serious for me! Life without chocolate is barely worth contemplating. I had read about this on a soaping forum I am on, where the oil is used in soapmaking. Yikes!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Me&thegals . . . I think we need to edit your member title. It does not reflect your serious chocolate addiction. ;)

me&thegals

Reaction score
Ahhhh... but you've never had my pumpkin bread studded with mini dark-chocolate chips! :D

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Ahhhh... but you've never had my pumpkin bread studded with mini dark-chocolate chips! :D
You are right! And I was all ready to bake it up last fall! I really need to get to it! I drool just thinking about it. :)

me&thegals

Reaction score
Seriously?!? I must have posted it here :) Probably about 10 times. Guess dark chocolate does not improve memory, but it sure tastes good!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think it was last year that I saw it. Only once, that I know of. :) I remember you said you would have some on a rainy day in the fall or winter, while reading. Sounds idyllic to me. :)

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Interesting.

A few years ago Warren Buffet bought See's Candy, I hear because even when the economy goes south, no one can resist buying chocolate (or alcohol, etc.).
I miss See's ... Sigh.

And it's true, about the economy I mean. I watched people in a very economically depressed area stop buying supplements they NEEDED fir heart, blood pressure, diabetes, etc. Because they "couldn't afford it". Wanna know what products saw an INCREASE in sales, during the same period? And not a small increase, but a BIG one?

Chocolates and sexually-related supplements (mostly men's but also women's).

I guess when you can barely even get by, you need SOMEthing to make life worth living.

And I'm getting low on cocoa-- maybe it's time to stock up again!