For all you chocolate lovers out there

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm miss See's too! one of my pals brought me some - it was better than i remembered!

looks like i have a good excuse to go to Trader Joes to stock up....

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I miss Trader Joes too!!!

And I think you can only order packaged assortments from Sees? I got one and I'm sorry to say was VERY disappointed. I like dark chocolate, nuts, coconut, cherries. I got various stuff with none of my favorites. Some was good but some of the cream and jelly were just weird. Grape-flavored cream covered in chocolate?

I can make truffles and fudge if I want, which is just about as good and a WHOLE LOT cheaper.

But I still miss visiting Sees and Trader Joes. And even Winco at this point!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm not sure to what extent, but I know you can do some custom ordering from See's. Our family tends to just like the cream-filled chocolates and you can order which specific flavors you like in whatever size box you like. My only warning is that they will mail you catalogs at regular holiday occasions, if you go that route. That can be tempting.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LOL Crazy!

Well I am a chocoholic but here lately I've really been striving to get non local things out of my diet. In other words if it can't be grown in my state or at least in a very small non-heated greenhouse I shouldn't be eating it.

I love chocolate but really the hardest thing to give up has been coffee.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I might have to look into that then. :)

and catalogs are not a problem for me regarding temptation. I hate the waste they represent in being printed and mailed to me but I have a long practice of NOT being truly tempted to order. I'm more likely to use them as a source of design inspiration for my home or small graphics projects, or else an "I can make that myself!" thing. Sees is more of a super luxury for me, especially if I have to pay shipping, so I'm not in much danger there either. :)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Same here, Shiloh Acres, we only order for birthday or Christmas presents usually. Usually. I think this year we skipped Christmas and broke down at Easter. :gig

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Anthony Ward, 50, bought 241,000 tons of cocoa beans and now owns enough to manufacture 5.3 billion quarter-pound chocolate bars.

Mr Ward, who is worth around 36 million, holds so much of the market he could force manufacturers to raise the price of Britain's favourite chocolate bars. "

Apparently he has done this before.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Some people have cooler hobbies than I do, apparently :D

:lol: