For Ladies: Quick Project to Recycle T-Shirts

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
calendula said:
abifae said:
Very nice!!! I'm in the process of turning several oversized tshirts into dresses, but this is a fun idea too!
Do you have patterns for making dresses out of t-shirts, or are you just winging it? I'm going to look around online to see what I can find, becuase that sounds like a cute idea.
There are patterns online for T shirt wedding dresses.
I found some, and they actually look pretty nice! I wish I would have thought of that when I got married...I'd be $1,000 richer. :rolleyes:

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
What I've been doing is winging it. I cut off the sleeves. Then cut straight across at the collar.

The new straight line "top" is under the bust. I cut open the sleeves and sew them together and they are the bust. Then I just shape it. Add straps. Done.

There are some great walk throughs though.

http://www.generation-t.com/

http://www.threadbanger.com/tb-projects/episode/THR_20090619/how-to-make-a-halter-top-with-megan-nicolay-threadbanger

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Convert-A-T-shirt-in-A-Sexy-Dress/
Thanx for the links Abi, I love that site ThreadBanger!

RudeKittyLuvsTesla

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Cute! and so are you!

(at my age, I'd scare raccoons if I wore something like that...) :/
Shirt and Cal are super cute.... but I'm with you on the raccoon scaring! I am going to learn to sew now because my step girls will look super sassy in this style and they have the figure to carry it off. To be young again!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
my lack of cleavage would cause the top to be confused where it should stay. It would slide down to a skirt. :rolleyes:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm having the opposite issue LOL. Half the tshirt reconstructions in Generation T require a b cup or smaller. Heh.

You should all get the book in the library. It's great!!!

Gallina Vecchia

Power Conserver
Reaction score
RudeKittyLuvsTesla said:
Marianne said:
Cute! and so are you!

(at my age, I'd scare raccoons if I wore something like that...) :/
Shirt and Cal are super cute.... but I'm with you on the raccoon scaring! I am going to learn to sew now because my step girls will look super sassy in this style and they have the figure to carry it off. To be young again!
I stopped at "measure your upper arm".:rolleyes: But I agree, it looks great on you!

Czechin_it_out

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
garden pixy said:
Cute!

once i find my sewing machine under all the clutter i am going to give this a try :D
I second that. I haven't sewn in a couple years and I have school clothes to mend now that I got little ones living here again.