framing fowl -daily living

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
wow, what does a corgi/black lab cross look like??? :D I am just curious to see that particular mix as I like both breeds....

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Maizy's cute Lori! :love She's got the stubby thick legs of the corgi and is really long in the body. Her neck is long and her tail curls up but her ears flop down. She's black with white on her toes, tip of her tail, belly, chest and chin. She's smart as a whip, very friendly toward other people/animals but she already barks protectively around strange sounds or when something isn't right. (Such as the popcorn popping in the pan!)

1317_maizy_standing.jpg

My sis got her from the humane society and wasn't real sure about the corgi part but my mom said if it was good enough for the Queen, it's good enough for her!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
The head of a lab on a little corgi body.....I LOVE IT!!! She is soooooo cute! I've always liked corgis and my hubby got me into labs and she is just the best of both worlds!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Just a few little notes... Forced some purple hyacinth bulbs indoors for a little cheer. They bloomed a couple of days ago! Other spring bulbs just starting to peek through the earth in the front yard... soon!

Taxes done as of 15 minutes ago WHEW!!! I'm always glad when that's out of the way.

Got some more trim work done in the living room, still need to do the bottom parts of the door moulding, then finish touches on paint.

Got the fruit trees pruned. Last year I waited too long because that's a cold chore to being doing in Feb. I think they look good so we'll see how it turns out this summer.

Started doing sprouts indoors after getting sick and tired of paying mega bucks at the grocery. We're on our third batch and I just went and got more screens and seeds at the health food store. Hubby loves them! We've done fenugreek and radish so far. Next on the list is mung beans.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get out the chop saw and start working on my raised beds and getting that all laid out. I've done grids on paper but it works better for me when I can visualize it out in the yard rather than on a piece of graph paper.

Also thinking about redoing the chicken coop. We designed it with 4 hens in mind and used a dog kennel that we thought would be their run but since they're freeranging in the backyard, it's not quite working out the way we thought.

Also looking at going back to school. Got through my jr. year of college and then got married. Got a job, then had a successful real estate deal come through, bought a business, ran that for 3 years, sold it, back to being an employee... I love custom picture framing because it's hands on and yet very people oriented. There is always a story behind what someone wants framed! However, I'm pretty much maxed on the payscale unless we move to DC or New York so I'm looking at returning to my first love which was forensics. Lots to think about...

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Had an odd experience with Julie (our 8 year old pit/lab mix) tonight. She's always been very in tune with people. So much so that we use her to screen people that do work for us. When we are getting bids on a project or interviewing a realtor for example, we'll invite them to the house and meet them in the driveway with the dogs. Annie loves everyone so we don't pay attention to her but Julie will either quietly sit behind one of us if she doesn't like the person and not greet them. If she goes up and greets them and patiently sits beside them for a pat on the head, we can rest assured they're straight up.

Anyway, I was walking them tonight and tripped really bad on the sidewalk with my right foot. I was flailing about and finally able to catch my balance. I stood quietly for a moment to assess how my foot was feeling and gradually tested putting weight on it. I gingerly started walking and Julie was limping. I was concerned that maybe I had stepped on her in the mayhem of trying to catch my own balance but she hadn't yelped in pain. I stopped again for a moment and she just stood there three legged with her right front paw in the air.

I mentally was trying to figure out how to lug an 80 pound dog home to check her out while my own foot was throbbing. As my own pain subsided, I decided to encourage her to walk and maybe she could three legged hop home. As soon as I started walking normally, she followed along like nothing had happened. Got her home and checked her out, no heat, tenderness, swelling, cuts, anything I could find. It was a very odd feeling.

Anyone else ever have anything like that?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Was she mimicking you?

Sounds like you have a wonderful dog in Julie!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Was she mimicking you?

Sounds like you have a wonderful dog in Julie!
That's what it seems like. I know all dog owners think their dogs are the best, but we've got a couple of good ones!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thats what I call being in tune with your pet. Wow, she felt your pain?? Sounds like a perfect dog to me... :love