Free is free

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our son in law redid their front porch and had a stack of short pieces left over. He also got wooden spools and made things for his classroom. He is a 5th grade English teacher. There were a lot of the short curved pieces that form the middle of the spool. And there were two big rounds from torn apart spools. FREE!! Plus some longer pieces. AND a vise!

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I m going to use the rounds to build a bench. I'll use the short porch board cut offs to make the seat and back. I need to build a couple of nestboxes, so will use the curved spool pieces for the sides. The vise will go in the tool shed, when finished. I already have one in the portable building.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A vise is one of the most useful pieces of gear, I find... pretty well essential. I've got two metal-working vises of roughly that size, installed on benches in two of my work areas. Plus I have one woodworking vise of the common type.

It's great that the vise was part of the freebie, baymule. That's a pretty heavy-duty one. :)

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oops, I didn't see this thread before I posted my big free score under Recycling. I titled it "Recycling For Exercise" if you are interested in reading it.