free pigs

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
we have a pig pen to build!

tomorrow
Just a tip... bury the fence a good 8 to 12 inches. They are like shovels and will root around and right under the fence. Then your wife will have to chase them home with a big stick and the mail man will stop and say "did someone's easter dinner get out?"

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they are 25 and 50 lbs. how much hog feed should we be feeding them right now?

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im not sure exactly how much pot belly they are. they are kinda tame but look alot like wild hogs. View attachment 18067
Looks like they have alot of something else in them. In fact the white feet is a trait of Berkshires. The face looks way too long to be much PB in them.
Call and make an appt for killing them unless you are going to do them yourself. Getting slaughter dates is a nightmare in many places... we are still a YEAR out here locally....

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Looks like they have alot of something else in them. In fact the white feet is a trait of Berkshires. The face looks way too long to be much PB in them.
Call and make an appt for killing them unless you are going to do them yourself. Getting slaughter dates is a nightmare in many places... we are still a YEAR out here locally....
I second the processing date pre planning. Get your processing date and work backwards from there. Feed accordingly to meet the date as best you can.

I had to sweet talk the nice lady at our local processor to get mid October 2022 date for my two steers. She said she would squeeze me in, in-between the cut over to deer season. It's nice that it's a USDA processor, there are several benefits to this. My neighbor is taking 6 steers to the processor next.month and he said he wanted an earlier date but there were no openings.

"The estimated average weight of a pig at slaughter is between 240 to 280 pounds live weight. It yields approximately 122 lbs. of fresh pork cuts, 50 lbs. of the cured product, and various other byproducts"

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸