free veggies!!!

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well things have been kinda tight here lately, just watching our money close and all. This weekend I was putting out garage sale signs for my wife, and John(my boy) and I decided to go by a local nursery. I really had no spending money, but I wanted to look. Well, we were looking at what was left of the veggies, and one of the employees said"all vegetables are FREE". Man!!! We took about 50 various pepper plants that already had mature peppers on them, 10 tomato plants bearing small fruits, 8 large squash plants with blooms, 5 cucumbers that were kinda poorly but still blooming. We got about 2 lbs of spanish spice peppers, 1lb of Hungarian Hot Wax peppers, and 1lb of Jalepenos, all harvested right in the little 4 inch pots! God really blesses us, often in unexpected ways. I tried to spread the wealth, letting folks at our garage sale know about the freebies.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
tommywalnuts said:
Well things have been kinda tight here lately, just watching our money close and all. This weekend I was putting out garage sale signs for my wife, and John(my boy) and I decided to go by a local nursery. I really had no spending money, but I wanted to look. Well, we were looking at what was left of the veggies, and one of the employees said"all vegetables are FREE". Man!!! We took about 50 various pepper plants that already had mature peppers on them, 10 tomato plants bearing small fruits, 8 large squash plants with blooms, 5 cucumbers that were kinda poorly but still blooming. We got about 2 lbs of spanish spice peppers, 1lb of Hungarian Hot Wax peppers, and 1lb of Jalepenos, all harvested right in the little 4 inch pots! God really blesses us, often in unexpected ways. I tried to spread the wealth, letting folks at our garage sale know about the freebies.
OMG, what a fantastic SCORE!!!!! :thumbsup

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good for you. I hope they all develop into a great harvest.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Great score!
Now don't forget to plant them though. So you'll really get a harvest.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
That is wonderful. Nothing like being in the right place at the right time.

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Wow!!!! You have been blessed.

I scored just about 5 cases of quart size canning jars last week for free. Folks were cleaning out their grandparents home, on the market, and placed an add on free cycle.

Folks said they had several calls between the time I phoned them, till I got there to pick them up(15 minutes). That was surely a blessing, as my garen is much bigger and I really needed those jars this year.