Freemotion's food journal: Expanding the gardens, pics p 53

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
My students continually ask me for examples of what I eat on a daily basis. To simplify answering this and to be able to do so in some brutally boring detail, I'm starting a journal.

Sorry, my ss friends, this will be dry and dull! Preachin' to the choir! But I do promise to also include my many "falls from the wagon!" :D Maybe I'll throw in the recipes I use, too.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

10 oz isotonic vitamins (multi, opc's, orac's, calcium, etc.)
one pint hot chocolate with stevia and warm goat's milk fresh from the udder
three eggs, scrambled with butter and lots of sea salt, fresh and warm from the hens
1 glass of kombucha ginger iced tea

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
WAIT! You mean you don't have a journal???????

How'd I miss that??????

Where was I reading all your goat posts about Milking and stuff at then???????

I thought you had a journal?????

:hide :smack

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Fermented almonds????
I just bought a big bag of raw almonds. Hummmmm......

:::scampers off to find recipe::::

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Fermented almonds????
I just bought a big bag of raw almonds. Hummmmm......

:::scampers off to find recipe::::
You'll find it on "What are you fermenting today?" in the recipe section.

Soak 'em overnight and dehydrate on 135-140 for 8 hours or as needed in your climate. ORchick posted it I think.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Freemotion was posting a lot of her stuff here: "What did you do to save $ today?"

I have been toying with the idea of starting a journal also. Could be a precurser to writing a book. SO alsways thinks I should write one.
Got some great pics yesterday of new chicks and the foster kittens :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Freemotion was posting a lot of her stuff here: "What did you do to save $ today?"

I have been toying with the idea of starting a journal also. Could be a precurser to writing a book. SO alsways thinks I should write one.
Got some great pics yesterday of new chicks and the foster kittens :p
Oh yes, you should!!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
freemotion said:
To simplify answering this and to be able to do so in some brutally boring detail, I'm starting a journal.

Sorry, my ss friends, this will be dry and dull!
I'm ready to be bored! Give me dry and dull, I'm a sucker for mind numbing details! As long as it isn't sports statistics, that is. :gig

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:lol: :gig Do ya realize......I post one borrrrrring entry, go to work all day, come home, and there are EIGHT replies???

:frow

I had a quick snack of a breakfast plate of tortilla chips (a processed food that is almost always in my cupboard....I want to try to make some, but ran out of lard until fall) and cheddar cheese. A sixteen ounce mug of hot tea, black tea and homemade chai with stevia. NOT ENOUGH to keep me going, but I got involved with my critters on one of the very few nice days so far this summer, and ran out of time to make a decent lunch. Didn't even have time to make a shake, because I wasted time toasting some of that wonderful Alvarado Street Bakery sprouted grain bread and BURNT it.... :barnie and was completely out of time.

So here I sit, just in from work and chores, on my own for supper. I made two Grolsch bottles of kombucha/ginger tea to bring to work and am finishing up the second one now. Only 74 ounces of liquids today, feeling a bit parched, so I think I will just make a shake.....two carrots, a bunch of spinach, strawberries, milk, and three raw egg yolks. I'm out of yogurt, otherwise that would go in there instead of the milk. That is what I needed for lunch, I am a meal behind today. Not good. Oh well, c'est la vie!