Freerange chicken video

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Do you folks who sell your eggs and don't free range all the time advertise them or tell folks they are free range chicken eggs?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bee, When I sell my eggs, I often give a fact sheet to new customers: I tell them that my birds have a winter sun room, get lots of fresh garden and veggie scraps or sprouts depending on the season, fermented feed (I explain the benefits of that), limited free range (dependent on supervision and predator load), deep litter bedding (explain benefits of that). I may even give a written contrast of what the grocer means when they sell free range eggs vs. back yard free range eggs.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bee, When I sell my eggs, I often give a fact sheet to new customers: I tell them that my birds have a winter sun room, get lots of fresh garden and veggie scraps or sprouts depending on the season, fermented feed (I explain the benefits of that), limited free range (dependent on supervision and predator load), deep litter bedding (explain benefits of that). I may even give a written contrast of what the grocer means when they sell free range eggs vs. back yard free range eggs.

That's excellent, LG!!! I'm betting your customers like sharing that info with others and that helps all backyard sellers to move their eggs better. More folks should do that too.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do you folks who sell your eggs and don't free range all the time advertise them or tell folks they are free range chicken eggs?

I tell them the truth. They are cage free, limited free range supplemented with feed and scraps.

Thats a great idea!

Latest posts