Free's incubator experience (Urgent question p 4)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I never knew eggs could peep....and LOUDLY!....before hatching....and rock and roll! It was so exciting! Home incubators were a great invention!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
One just hatched and another is making a hole in the shell!

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It does seem like it takes forever and I have a horrible time not opening up the incubator. I have duck eggs and chicken eggs in now. Good luck with your hatch!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
two are hatched now and they are making a lot of noise, the dogs are going nuts. they are sure we have a squeekie toy in that box!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
In just over a week, mine should start to hatch! :th I'm not set up! What was I thinking!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Don't mind me...just waiting for chick photos :D

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I haven't opened the box yet and can't take a picture, I have to peek through a tiny slit to see them, the only temperature controlled place in the house is the closet in my bedroom. So they are on a shelf! The foster dog is faithfully guarding the site, making sure no squeekie toys escape from the box for me. I still have just two, but they were not supposed to hatch until this morning so I'm not sure we are done yet! Today is hatch day, not yesterday. But I suppose if two hatched early they were too hot? So perhaps the rest are cooked. I'll take a picture when I'm sure I've got them all hatched and in the little brooder I'm setting up for the two that made it so far. I think I'm not supposed to open it at this point and don't want to ruin the hatch of the rest if it is happening.