Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
glenolam said:
Yea!!!

So.....pictures????
Heehee, be patient with Free and pictures! ;)

So glad everything was fine! Yikes. I hate that feeling. All three of mine took a mid-day snooze together in the barn. I went down to check their water. They were all awake but just snuggled together bein' goats. :love

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yup, extra patience with me and pics!

Got some now, though. Ginger was hungry and deflated-looking when I went out the next day with camera in hand, of course. I'll try to get one of her lying down so you can see what I see in the morning. You can see why I call her my "Moo Cow."

poorbaconandporkchop013.jpg

Here she is with her also-pregnant daughter, Peach:

poorbaconandporkchop017.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
And a sweet, snuggly blimp she is!

Here is this year's.....and probably next year's....daddy, Dorian. He is no longer Bambi, that is for sure!

poorbaconandporkchop007.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
And my tiny one, Plum:

poorbaconandporkchop004.jpg

I just love her face. She looks adoringly into my eyes ALL the time, and I look adoringly back into hers! She is likely pregnant. I'll have her tested, and for CAE, as her mom was positive. She was bottle fed, so I have high hopes.

poorbaconandporkchop010.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I agree, but there is a lot of Alpine in those photos, and La Mancha. The Nubians have more roman noses, you can see it in Ginger's profile. She is half Nubian, but a quarter Alpine....the rest is Boer.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wonderful pics, Free. I have a "Ginger" too.....I guess that is just an awesome goat name.....makes you think of something spicy and fun at the same time.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Nothin' spicy about my Ginger....she should get her named switched with her daughter Peach, as Ginger is a peach and Peach is spicy!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Both names are adorable. I'd be inclined to name the new ones after foods and spices to stay on theme.