Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I love their loooooong ears! They are so stinkin' cute, did I mention that before? The "twins," as I tend to think of the larger pair, are really working on their hopping and popping and are starting to notice that I have a face (not just a bottle bearer) and are starting to try to climb towards my face when I sit on the overturned feed tub. The peanut doeling seems....weaker? Quieter? More shy, reserved? I gave her some B complex tonight as her interest in milk is waning. I couldn't get her to eat tonight, but then, dh fed her half her bottle at around 6 PM and then I fed her the rest around 8:30, so it could be that she just was not hungry at 11 PM. It is warmer tonight and I have two coats on her, so she should be warm enough. The other two are vigorous with two thinner coats....but they have twice the body mass and they tend to stick together.

She is alert and does explore her environment with more thoughtfulness than her bigger siblings. She explored the far end of the stall earlier this evening and picked up and mouthed hay several times. She is getting pretty good at climbing on the overturned feed tub and getting off again. The other two have done neither. They are only interested in the bottle and in butting me for more milk, and in sucking on my fingers and on each other's noses and lips.....all I can think of when they do this is the movie, "On Golden Pond," when Henry Fonda says, "Wanna suck face?" :lol: The itty-bitty one needs some stimulation to get her sucking reflex going. I rub her little hiney or her lower back and that gets her to take a half ounce or so most times, until she gets to 3-4 ounces, then she is done. She is pee'ing and pooping so I am trying not to get too nervous. All systems are go, but it is hard not to compare her to her sibs. She may just have a different personality.

I do tend to worry! :rolleyes:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've been sooooo busy! Update on the wee one: She is doing great! She is sucking down her bottles like a champ and is almost eating as much as her double-sized brother and sister. They are still much faster, so I have to fight them off until she finishes, but she is averaging 9 ounces now per feeding. She runs and leaps and climbs with them. Other than her teensiness, she is just like her sibs.

I was feeling one of them and thought I felt a hernia. Remember their older half sister, Peach, had a hernia last year? And it resolved with all my obsessing and pushing it back in? OK, not the obsessing, just the pushing.... :p Well, I tried to reduce this new hernia on the baby and it wouldn't budge....so I lifted him up to take a peak.....the operative word here being HIM. :lol: It was his wiener. No wonder he seemed so puzzled.

Here are some short videos that dh took on Tuesday, babies were six days old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WuV4Zo7ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osk1EZOAg4g&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75WuV4Zo7ps&feature=autoplay&list=ULqsXRyVUFUwk&index=14&playnext=1

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Is that you?!! I finally get to put a face with a name!! :lol: Awesome!

And those babies are so cute!!! Love the wagging tails!!

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Well, I tried to reduce this new hernia on the baby and it wouldn't budge....so I lifted him up to take a peak.....the operative word here being HIM. :lol: It was his wiener. No wonder he seemed so puzzled.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG....he was prolly saying "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's my WEINER!"

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i just dont know what to say about this.

* OFG walks away with a bag over her head*