Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:lol::lol: We were sitting around at the horse farm where DS rides Thursday afternoon and wondering if the sweet St Bernard running around was a boy or a girl. Well, there was only one way to find out under all that fur so I did. Howard and I are best friends now.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I tried to reduce this new hernia on the baby and it wouldn't budge....so I lifted him up to take a peak.....the operative word here being HIM. lol It was his wiener.
I suddenly feel better about the day long panic attack I had when I discovered my buck's 3rd teat. It was the umbilical stump :lol:

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
You're probably engaged now!
Could be, however he is neutered so I'm not sure exactly how much he enjoyed my groping. I did get a big lick...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
:lol: :lol: We were sitting around at the horse farm where DS rides Thursday afternoon and wondering if the sweet St Bernard running around was a boy or a girl. Well, there was only one way to find out under all that fur so I did. Howard and I are best friends now.
:lol: You know I was just thinking how nice it is that my new boy St. is furry in all the right places. ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Well, I see I'm not the only perv...... :p

For those who don't visit byh, my big news is.....I'm getting a milking machine! :weee At first it felt like I was selling out, I admit. Why, I don't know. I guess because I like to do things the old-fashioned way, and a big motivation for my ss journey was to get in touch with my grandparents and the way they might have done things in the early part of the last century.

But I live in the modern world where women work outside the home and sometimes don't have any children to take up some of the chores. As a massage therapist....and aging one.....my hands are my livelihood and must be saved for that whenever possible. Ginger's teats have not gotten much bigger yet and she is very difficult to milk....and I will have two first fresheners soon. And Mya....who is easy to milk, but produces a lot of it.

I have become more reluctant to go away and leave all this with someone else. My dad covered for me a few times but I think it is getting to be too much for him. I also had two health challenges since February that would have made it impossible for me to hand milk for a time, and the second one was the day before Ginger was due to kid. I thought about a machine a lot then and did some serious online research. Thankfully, Ginger kindly waited a few days and delivered her triplets when I was again able to milk....but it still is very difficult with those little teats. DH can't milk her with his big hands, so I can never miss a milking.

Having a good machine will also give me peace of mind if an emergency comes up in the family where I must drop everything and take care of someone else. Even someone with little experience with animals will be able to handle milking in a pinch. I plan on making some videos for youtube that I can refer someone to so they can milk for me even if I don't get a chance to personally walk them through the process.

A couple weeks ago when I was incapacitated all I could think was....oh, crap, my does are gonna end up all dry. Turned out ok, but the cost of the machine is fully justified. It's not fully paid for yet, but I will be making lots of soap and will have kids to sell so it will be paid for fairly quickly. It is one of those things that I want to pay for with products of the farm, but I could no longer wait until the hens were laying well or the chicks were hatched or the kids were born and sold.

Now I am :weee because it ships on Monday! :woot

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I think you made a very sound decision! It's very true that the reason things worked differently before was due in part to large families. With no one to do it all for you if you aren't able... a machine is a great idea.