Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Looking very, very uncomforable and wandering from one nap to the next, interspersed with the occasional excursion to the pasture to eat. Whew. I showered and put on clean clothes and showed her, no results. I went to TSC to pick up some hardware and a bucket, showed her, nada. I went out again to arrange to pick up food scraps at the nearby deli, and came back to her napping again.

This is torture.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Yeah, start something that you can't be interupted with :lol: that ought to do it.

Maybe we should all pray for her to do it today. Ok, I'm thinking.... babies....babies....babies, strong message...to Peach....have your babies now!!! :lol:

Blossom and Flower both cough after running, I had read that too about the running. Since Blossom is pregnant, I didn't want to give her really strong worming meds. I think I will repost on the herd forum, to see what people suggest. I might get some good advice.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ivomec is the drug of choice for lungworm. That can be given safely to pregnant females. Dose at 1cc per 25 lbs.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Peach, an hour ago.....how many chickens can she fit on that wide body? She loves their scratching feet. Her mom does, too. Mya and Plum, with their finer coats, hate the hens and will bonk them for no reason. Sometimes Plum chases them for fun.

Peachabouttopop5-10-2011007.jpg

She is very quiet and introspective. I picked her a big handful of grass and dandelions and she snarfed it down. I think she is too tired to go out to the pasture now.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
ohmigosh - the hens on top are the best!!!! is she mooing???

:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
She kinda moos like her mom, but hers is a bit whiny sounding. :lol: She saw my feet coming into the barn just now and made a noise I've only heard her use for her mother.....a "thank goodness it's you, come comfort me" sound. It melted my heart.

I felt slight ligaments. Poop. She is toying with me, but she is absolutely miserable. She won't go get food, so I bring her handfuls of greens now and then. I'll go put her in a stall in a few minutes. Maybe she is waiting for privacy.

I went to stand on the pile of pallets in the "goat gym" so I could reach some maple leaves for her. The other does followed, and Ginger got up on the pallets. As I got down to feed Peach, Ginger tried to follow and fell off the pallets. What happened to agile goats? She is such a goofy klutz and always has been! But she is the best at balancing on just her hind legs to reach a high branch. Silly goats.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
She is toying with me,
well tell her to hurry it up b/c i have to go and milk and the suspense is wearing me down!

i'm voting for sneaking up behind her and giving her the ABOOOOGABOOOOGA BOOOOGABOOOOOGA treatments. its been known to be very effective.

;-)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I almost dropped a set of triplets myself when the buck snuck up behind me and mounted me while I was talking to the neighbor. I'm going to start carrying a bigger stick when I go into his pen.....
:ep

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
TRIPLETS!!!!! All tangled up. Got help from Kate (Helmstead on byh) over the phone, I could NOT have done it without her. Dad is with them while I warm up bottles for Mya's twins. Story later, maybe pics (it was darkish). Definitely pics tomorrow.

two bucklings one doeling

:weee