Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So glad to hear the good test results :celebrate
I'm sure the little guy will figure things out. You are a good goat mommy Free!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
GLad he's doing a little better and really glad he's negative. Encouraging, should I ever decide to breed Donki. Or if I find Daisy's positive.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Promised pictures! This one was taken last night in the house, struggling to convince him to take 2-3 ounces of precious first colostrum.
Plumsbuckling6-17-2011004.jpg

Plumsbuckling6-17-2011008.jpg

Then I took the camera and this was the best I could get. He kept coming straight at the camera. I'm already his mommy!
Plumsbuckling6-17-2011016.jpg

Plumsbuckling6-17-2011020.jpg

Plumsbuckling6-17-2011019.jpg

I saw the farmer talking to my neighbor this morning so I ran over there with the buckling in my arms. Sneaky, I know. I wanted to cement the deal....of giving the baby to this family. They want to find another one around the same age. Wish Plum had twins....but no, I appreciate that there were no tangles and that she is not too thin. She is going to be a decent first freshening producer and it is good that she is going into her lactation in decent condition. She's a good eater, too, like her mom, and unlike her walking skeleton sister, Peach.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
His temporary name is now Plum Pudding, Puddin' for short....nicknames Ip-ip and Puddin' Pop. And Little Boy and Leetle Keed and Little Kid and C'mere and Cutie-Pie and BA-BEE!

Tonight he drank his last bottle ALMOST in one swoop....got six ounces in before he needed a brief break, then took two more ounces. I followed him around a bit but he was too busy hopping and bothering the dogs. He hopped around the garden while I was working on my Three Sisters and putting mulch (lawn clippings from the neighbor's yard and our yard and fallen hay from under the outdoor racks) between three more rows. When he started dancing on my bean sprouts I took him back to his stall for a nap.

He came up to the garage while I milked the four does and hopped around the garage the entire time. The does were not happy. I told them to mind their own business and eat their suppers or ELSE. They listened about as well as they usually do.

I've gotten quite good at listening for him to stop moving, then dash over with folded paper towels to soak up his tinkle. He usually soaks five thick ones, the little fire hose! He could write his name in the snow plus the names of all the goats who lived here this year....that would be a total of 16 names. If he could write.

Then he hopped around the kitchen for another hour, soaking another set of paper towels, and snuck into the dining room and living room a few times. He harassed both dogs until someone did something behind my back and he squeaked and needed holding and smooching.

He is now sleeping on a towel in his cardboard box behind the puppy gate. Sigh. It will be so hard to leave him in the barn at night soon. Anyone know how to diaper a boy goat? I diapered his mom when she was his age and stayed in the house for a few days, but she was a girl. His tinkle part is very close to his umbilical cord, still healing. Don't know if it would be safe to cover both with a diaper for an hour or two.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Anyone know how to diaper a boy goat?
aughghh! *slaps forehead *

hee hee hee hee! i love the name Puddin' Pop! very cute. but get that goat out of your house! hee hee hee hee hee

;-)