Free's kidding journal 2011: Plum's death wish p 42

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hee-hee-hee.....I knew that would getcha!!!!

He is only in for the night because it takes a while to feed him (ok, it did, really!) and the mosquitoes are horrific right now. And it has been stinkin' cold! So he came in last night for his night bottle around 10:30 and went out when I stumbled out of bed at 8.

I love the sound of his hard rubber feet on the floor! He is starting to get into trouble in the garage, though, so I think this morning was the last time for that.

Best thing is, he is very alert and active and took a whole ten ounces this morning! Ran and hopped and actually discovered that he could hop onto a bucket with a lid on it. After that, he was climbing on everything, even running up a piece of siding that was leaning against the garage wall and doing amazingly well at hanging out halfway up for a few seconds. On an almost vertical piece of siding.

Plum in the house last year:

Goatdiapering101.jpg

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We have house guests and one is very citified and she was a bit....um....surprised at the goat in the house. Then I let him loose in the kitchen for a bit and dh was emptying the dishwasher....you guessed it....he jumped in. My friend had a look of horror on her face. I reminded her (as I snatched Puddin out of the dishwasher and back into his small enclosure) that the dishwasher sanitizes everything.

I told my mom about it the next day and she smiled and said, "What's the problem? As long as you didn't close it and turn it on!" Hee-hee. That's where I get it! :lol:

I found out from the farmer/neighbor that they won't be taking him. A storm brought several large trees down in their pasture and a large section of fencing as well. The cold, rainy weather has them very far behind in their planting, and the place they order mums from divided their order into three shipments, not what they wanted....so no time for any projects right now. :hit

I took some pictures and video today so I can advertise him on craigslist. Here they are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY9eperDShw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqFdeta825I&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, it would have been one way to make sure he was clean! :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:love The vids are great!!!

Goats in the dishwasher... sounds more sanitary than the bugs living in the pipes of my dishwasher. *sighs*

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the fall through - at least it's a valid reason. I'm sure you'll have a taker on him, he's super cute!

BTW....when I said I would swear that would never be my foot in the picture I was saying it because of the diapered goat! :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Ug, farm life stinks sometimes.

I gathered my tools and supplies (banding tool, bands, cd&t vaccine boosters) and my dad and I headed out to the bucklings' pasture a half hour before their afternoon bottle. I figured they could get some comfort afterwards by having their bottle.

Dad picked up Charlie first, the tan and white boy, and flipped him over. I helped him get a front and back leg into each hand so he could hold the boy still. It was a bit tricky at first, since the other two were jealous of the attention and climbing all over us, while Charlie was bawling from the indignity of the restraint. Then I gave him his vaccination and put the band on and Dad put him down. He walked off like nothing happened. Well, that was easy, I thought. Whew!

Dad grabbed up Puchy, the little brown cutie-pie, and we were even faster getting him done, since there was only one buckling crawling all over us. As we put Puchy down, I turned to see Charlie stretched out on his side, flat out, perfectly still. "I killed my buckling!" I squeeked and ran over to him. He lifted his head weakly so I got him on his feet. He walked around a bit then flopped down again. Puchy started doing the same thing, take a few steps, lie down, get up, take a few steps, lie down, repeat. Sigh.

We got the big black and white buckling, Buddy, done last. By this time we were pros and it took just a couple of minutes. Then I had three babies lying down and getting up. I went to get their bottles.

Charlie had a great appetite for his bottle as he always does. Puchy took a little convincing to finish his ten ounces. Buddy took an ounce or so then lay down, crying. I tried to convince him to take some more, but he would just hold the nipple in his mouth and not suck. I felt SO BAD. By this time they were all crying sadly now and then and mostly lying down. I patted them all several times, tried the bottle again, then gave a few more ounces to Charlie and left in tears.

I am FAR too sensitive! Here come the tears again! Someone pass the tissue..... :hit

I am going to focus on the fact that this is what it takes to keep these boys out of freezer camp. Yup. That is what I will focus on. Here I am, focusing.
:( :/ :)