Freezer issues, ideas/advice needed

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
I just picked up my second Home Depot freezer yesterday. I love'em :) Energy start rated and cheap too and I don't mean qaultiy either. I say go to Home Depot and kick the model you want and ask for a floor model discount with dings. :) Just Kidding but I have picked up 2 at 25% off due to dings on them. What a few dings before I put a few on the???.... O yeah 25% off.
:yuckyuck

Don't go condoning/encouraging mishceif :old :lol:

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
THEFAN said:
I just picked up my second Home Depot freezer yesterday. I love'em :) Energy start rated and cheap too and I don't mean qaultiy either. I say go to Home Depot and kick the model you want and ask for a floor model discount with dings. :) Just Kidding but I have picked up 2 at 25% off due to dings on them. What a few dings before I put a few on the???.... O yeah 25% off.

Don't go condoning/encouraging mishceif :old :lol:
Another added issue I have is spelling tonight. :barnie

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
THEFAN said:
Wannabefree said:
THEFAN said:

Don't go condoning/encouraging mishcheif :old :lol:
Another added issue I have is spelling tonight. :barnie
You spelled tonight correctly :p

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Keep the bins from the old freezer just in case they'll fit the new one. Wish my freezer had about 3 more basket/bins.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
We are going to scrap the old freezer through craigslist. I just got back from picking up a medium-size chest freezer that I found on Craigslist and paid $100....it was only a year old, as indicated both by the model number and its condition. Woohoo! I will need one more and we'll be in good shape. If I don't fill them all before the big pig day. DH and I were also talking about getting a quick batch of creepy meat chicks ordered and raised up about the same time.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I wonder if this would work-our back door let in a bit of a breeze and we got the cheap "V" plastic the kind that has sticky on one side of the v and the other did not.. you just put it along the door jam and when you shut the door it keep the air out... I'm wondering if any of the cheap door sealing stuff for making a tight seal on house hold doors would work along the door of the freezer. :hu for less than $5 you can get a whole roll of the stuff.
http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/W/AE_weatherstripping.html If you look at the box of examples it is the "spring vinyl" one.. we used it on many of our doors. I think it would work and be thin enuf for the door to close properly and to keep the cold in.