Friendly Hello from NC Fl..

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hello welcome aboard!
Hi Connie! Welcome from Texas - and good to see you over here.
Welcome from NC Alabama. :)
Welcome from NH! What kind of pigs do you have?
anatidaephobia-is-the-fear-that-somewhere-somehow-a-duck-is-30226531.png
Welcome!
Great to have you here! :)
Hi Connie! I'm glad you joined us officially! I'm excited to hear how your farm is going and learn from you too!
DSC00006.JPG
(My new Babies)
Thank you everybody! I'm just settling in. I can't wait to be on a contribution level.
I have some stuff to share. First I'm going to be reading a little to absorb the theme and learn the ropes from the members of the site community. Thanks again for the warm & friendly hello..
long arm hug.gif

Farmer Connie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey! I know you! hehe..View attachment 6376
Hello my friend! Congrats on the new herfords!
Just got these processed into premo freezer stock..
DSCN6248.JPG
DSCN6250.JPG
DSCN6257.JPG
Gloucestershire splashed w/Hampshire-Berkshire Heritage.
Translation= cured pork belly on the water pot smoker driving the neighbors stir crazy for 12 hours straight
knee slapper laugh.gif
DSC00003.JPG
324 (4).JPG
DSC00032.JPG
DSC00037.JPG
DSC00034.JPG

crazy eyes.gif

Happy to see your here @baymule , it will help me feel like at home. Thank you to all whom put up with my "show & tell". I have too much to show & so hard sometimes to not tell.
I am reluctant to post our BLT sandwiches we made for din din this evening.
:hide

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those are (were?) wonderful looking pigs!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH man.... don't want this to sound bad - but I'm glad I'm not your neighbor, lol. Smelling that bacon smoking for 12 hours must've been pure torture for them!

I've got a pork belly in the freezer that I need to get baconized...and some pig in the pasture that need to move into my freezer!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Tell me about your water pot smoker. We've been smoking the bacon on a regular off set pit. It has to be watched and tended to...... Your bacon looks fabulous. I have one of those Herefords sold to a customer that bought half a hog from us. I "made" their bacon for them and would like to do a better job. Ummm.....what is your bacon cure recipe?

I like your loading ramp too. Is it portable? Can you take some more pictures of it? I want to build a portable ramp that I can use on the hogs and the sheep.