from goats milk....

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have tried to join The Goat Spot since it looks like a good forum. Everytime I click on the "I accept" button to try and register, it just takes me back to the same darn page. I tried emailing an administrator, but I haven't heard back.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
PotterWatch said:
I have tried to join The Goat Spot since it looks like a good forum. Everytime I click on the "I accept" button to try and register, it just takes me back to the same darn page. I tried emailing an administrator, but I haven't heard back.
I was on there for a while but a lot of the people seem so snobbish that it drove me away. I do not have reg. goats I have boughten from reg lines but did not have the people reg them. I do not show so what is the point is spend that extra money. I also have mostly rescues and market goats. I got tired of hearing how if it was not some high priced goat from fancy lines how they were not worth having. I am sorry but I will take my good old Amish raised girls any day.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You can't make cheese out of paper, can you, nightshade? :p

There is a certain faction in this world who place importance on registering their animals and I could see where it might be important for dogs, horses, beef in the case of bloodlines, etc.

Goats? C'mon! Most folks don't care what their papers are unless you are going to some fancy show~aren't many of those in my neck of the woods. :p Goats are for milkin' or eatin'! :D

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No and it makes me so mad because I have some of the most beautiful patched and moon spotted goats and just cause they don't have papers these fokes are telling me they are junk errr. :rant You can't milk the papers so what gives right? The Amish guys I deal with at market laugh like heck when someone comes in asking about papers or complaining cause some don't fit show breed standards.

When I bid they already know what I am looking for because they know me. If I win they haler up " you want the no ears right? or you want the colored one right?" And new fokes just look at me weird, oh well it's all in personal tastes I guess. :hu

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Common sense isn't too common nowadays.... :smack

(just really, really wanted to use the smack smiley!)