From tech founder to sustainable farmer

waretrop

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I sell lots of eggs each week .I text my customers on Wednesday and hand deliver to their homes on Thursday. Sort of like the old milkman and ice man. My customers say I have an egg farm and I always tell them, no I don't, I am just a hobbyist. I have grown lots of food that I give away. We will be giving up our veggie gardens now. If you wanted some bell peppers, you could have them fresh or cleaned out and sliced or even diced. I put them in a food saver bag and even froze them to give away. I even grew and gave away celery.

Sharing the wealth is the most important thing to me.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like that. Most folks are hoarding all their food right now, preppin' for the Apocalypse, but I too like to grow extra to give away. I don't plan on being here for that event and no amount of food will make someone survive it, so it just makes sense to grow what you can eat for a year or two, anything beyond that can be shared.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion everyone should share but also put up and set aside things to be a good steward. I also hate to waste anything so I like to dehydrate, can or freeze leftovers.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"No offense but you're self righteous"... Not sure how one could not take offense to that. :idunno

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@MoonShadows We all have different views and feelings and ways of expressing ourselves and I found if 5 people read something, it can be interpreted in 3 different ways. Heck, if you read something now and read it again in the morning you may well see it completely differently!

What Beekissed finds important and what she feels strongly about may be different from what you do and I'll have my own thoughts and feelings on things and so would everyone else here. Sometimes we meet and see eye to eye and sometimes we don't. It's part of communities such as this and every other one out there. We're not always going to agree with each other's views and opinions. The best we can do is respect each others' thoughts and ideas. If something bothers you (all of you), ignore it and find another thread or post to comment on. If you agree with something, participate. You get my drift.

I personally like and value each of you and that is all of you here. We have a wonderful little community here and I enjoy hanging out with you all. Let's keep it that way, please?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
through introspection

It goes both ways... Just sayin!

I value what both MoonShadows and Beekissed have to say - don't always agree with both of their views, but try to be appreciative of their ideas and knowledge.

I recall a controversy in the not so distant past about those of us who journal. We lost members over that one, but attitudes cooled and we moved on.

This is a public forum and as such there will always be a multitude of views and opinions.