Frozen Juices

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually buy store brand or Juicy Juice for Nicole when on sale with coupons --expensive stuff! :(

Never tried the frozen concentrates. Checked ingredients and just apple juice and citric acid and nothing else on store brand frozen.

Cost 1.05 to make 64 oz.

Store brand in plastic bottle---NOW 1.89 for 64 oz

OK GOOD DEAL...changing over and also going to try the mixed berry store brand frozen.

Save money, less trash than plastic bottle, can freeze a bunch when on sale for storage, and don't have to carry heavy stupid bottles from store!

I think I did well on this subsitution.

I just mixed up the apple juice and it was delish. too sweet for me so put a little more water in it but Nicole will be happy with it! So win/win for me!

Anyone else use the frozen concentrate stuff? Just wondering

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
yes--we do this. We don't drink much juice, but when I make it for smoothies I always buy the concentrate. Cheap and doesn't take up much space!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I always have an orange juice concentrate or two in the freezer, One for fancy morning breakfasts :D and the other for grabbing a teaspoon here and there for cooking. I rarely allowed our kids to drink juice when they were little so they never ask for it. If I did as a special treat I would add twice the water recommended :)
*I am really not that much of a health nut but I tried to instill stuff into my kids that no one ever taught me. I wish I was healthier.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Wow, I stopped buying frozen juices b/c I thought they were too expensive. We switched to plain ole water, and if something flavourful is needed (or wanted) I would make a pitcher of lemonaid with a 1/2 cup sugar and a squeeze of lemon concentrate. Or home made iced tea which is the same except with (two steeped teabags) tea added to it.

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have always bought juice concentrate, I figured we didn't need to pay for all that water (and shipping it from wherever,) but my kid's love the orange juice in the carton. I'll buy it once in a while as a special treat. I draw the line at powdered milk though. We had that growing up and I thought I hated milk until I tasted some fresh.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I usually only buy frozen concentrate too...but once in a while when the carton juices go on sale I will buy it as treat. I usually try to avoid anything that comes in a plastic jug

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I only have a vague memory of this but I read or saw somewhere that buying concentrate was "greener" because of the lighter weight packaging so shipping costs less? We use it here too. I can't believe what a half gallon of OJ goes for!