Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think we are all on the same page, the fallout from this shutdown is going to take a lot of time to even get close to back where it was. The food chain is still in fairly good shape but has been disrupted, some more than others. Anything we can do for ourselves, family and friends will certainly help.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agree with all! The more we can do for ourselves - the better off we all are. I've always loved gardening but I've never felt so much pressure to have a good one this year. It'll be what it'll be I guess. If not, I still have a full pantry and I will try to support local farmers and farmers markets (if they ever open back up).

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I only use it when I'm ready to do a good amount....like 4-6 gallons. . Lot of fast wash, rinse, air dry in rack. That milk goes thru quick. About an hr start to finish, with clean up.

Like grinders and pluckers…..worth it when you use. :D Bought cs & a nice cheese press off CL for great price & 6 hr round trip.

Devonviolet had one & recently sold the milk goats...FYI. :D

Yes - an instigator!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another boring day in isolation land! Milked goats, walked through the garden, fed pigs, delivered hay, doled out feed, made a batch of fortified rice/dog food... I've figured it out. I know myself so much better after all this introspection during this pandemic thing. I know who I am. I am a goat/pig/horse/chicken/quail/dog servant, lol!

If I can get my butt out of bed early enough in the morning I'm going to head to WM really early. They are opening at 6am for seniors. Decided I might go ahead and get more stuff - just because. It's hard though because I don't "need" much. I'll check out the garden seeds while I'm there. Might grab some dog food if they have what I need - if not I'll be heading to TSC. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of looking for some meat birds. I've got plenty of old roo's I could butcher if I need. But, somehow "old roo" just doesn't sound so appetizing! What I really want is a nice steak dinner in a nice restaurant with tablecloths and wine and awesome cheesecake for dessert. Sigh....

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What I really want is a nice steak dinner in a nice restaurant with tablecloths and wine and awesome cheesecake for dessert. Sigh....

Dreaming or hallucinating?

Add crispy fried onions, crab stuffed mushrooms, with creamy cheese topping...….I'll join ya!! Been a long time since I've had that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, some fresh, plump, raw oysters... and fried asparagus topped with crab meat, (and those mushrooms) and while we're at it - stuffed jalapenos.... Oh man - I have to stop!

I'm having a baked potato for dinner - whoop.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another boring day in isolation land! Milked goats, walked through the garden, fed pigs, delivered hay, doled out feed, made a batch of fortified rice/dog food... I've figured it out. I know myself so much better after all this introspection during this pandemic thing. I know who I am. I am a goat/pig/horse/chicken/quail/dog servant, lol!

If I can get my butt out of bed early enough in the morning I'm going to head to WM really early. They are opening at 6am for seniors. Decided I might go ahead and get more stuff - just because. It's hard though because I don't "need" much. I'll check out the garden seeds while I'm there. Might grab some dog food if they have what I need - if not I'll be heading to TSC. I'm trying to talk myself OUT of looking for some meat birds. I've got plenty of old roo's I could butcher if I need. But, somehow "old roo" just doesn't sound so appetizing! What I really want is a nice steak dinner in a nice restaurant with tablecloths and wine and awesome cheesecake for dessert. Sigh....

if you have goat cheese spread, lemon or lime juice, a bit of vanilla, sugar to taste and any cream you might want to use you can make a kick ass quick cheese cake that i like a lot better than a lot of baked ones. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And, some fresh, plump, raw oysters... and fried asparagus topped with crab meat, (and those mushrooms) and while we're at it - stuffed jalapenos.... Oh man - I have to stop!

I'm having a baked potato for dinner - whoop.

i had half a cheese sammich. :)