Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The new pup is such a cutie! How big will that breed get?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Females are "generally" in the 50ish pound range - give or take a few lbs. Gracie was usually around 55lbs, depending on the seasons. She was a good sized female - larger than some. Males around 60 ish - even though I saw one that was 75 lbs, still very well proportioned, quick and agile.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hm, not a bad sized dog then. DH and I like the "Big" dogs, I like to be able to reach them without bending over, lol. Yes, now a days 50 pounds is a big dog- but we seem to gravitate to the 100+ pound dogs. Heck, his Irish setter was only supposed to be 80 pounds full grown and he ended up 120 pounds.

Our 100+ German Shepherd is like a "bull in a china shop" to be around. He loves to go between my 6'5" husbands legs to get attention - and he gets lots of it! - but I am too short for him to do this with and after 4 years of this, he finally knocked me off my feet and we ended up in a pile. Luckily neither of us was hurt, but I am getting to the point I don't bounce as well as I used to.

I am starting to think about the next farm dog that I get. My english setter is 60 pounds of sweetness, but at 14 he isn't going to be around much longer, :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They really are awesome dogs! They are anxious to please and really smart and fast learners. I'll try to never be without one again.

I had an english setter years ago - wonderful dog! Your GSD sounds like an LGD we used to have - she would run up to us and clip us behind the knees...she took both DH and I down, lol. I worked pretty hard to break her from that!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL go Belle! She’s no dummy. She had Missy and Cowboys back up. I’m sure if the boar had gotten past Missy and Cowboy that she would have ripped his head off. It’s Belle, she’s big and BAD to the bone!

Raining here, not pouring hard, just raining. It can soak in instead of running off.

I made ginger snaps this morning and I can’t stop eating the darn things! Maybe I should go hide in the Sheep barn with a Feed bag over my head. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I made ginger snaps this morning and I can’t stop eating the darn things! Maybe I should go hide in the Sheep barn with a Feed bag over my head. LOL
We officially have a storm and I did NOT make brownies. What the heck is wrong with me? But, it's never too late right?

I did start a pot of soup. Just seems like soup weather. Probably make cornbread later, yum!

Rain has really picked up since this morning. We're up to over 2 inches for the day now. It's really been coming down, but with good breaks in between deluges. We will see what the next few days bring.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Off and on light showers so far this morning. We're over 4.5 inches for the last few days. Not as bad as many other places. Houston is flooding (what's new?). Looks like most of the heavy stuff is staying a bit east of us...so far.

Think I'll make some sausage today. I've got plenty of ground pork and more chunks to grind if I need more. Might even make those brownies, lol. It's a kitchen kind of day. :)