Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The only thing I can is the chicken - all by itself. I don't can the eggs. I mix 'em up and stir 'em into the rice in the pot after the rice is cooked an the heat steams 'em. But, yep it does mean that there's a big container in the fridge, but I have an extra fridge that makes it convenient. You could freeze the rice in maybe quart bags and just take one out to thaw the day before...

DH keeps a dog food bucket that he uses every day. He puts their kibble in it, glomps in some rice and warm water and that's all it takes. The dos see him coming and even Cowboy acts like a silly puppy knowing what he's about to get, lol.

I make rice about every 5 - 7 days. But, I'm retired and it's not a big deal, lol. Occasionally DH forgets to tell me he's running low and the poor pups don't get it. :(

I buy rice in minimum 20lb bags and people think I'm "stocking" up on it, but it's just a normal rice purchase for us. We don't even eat rice ourselves because of the carbs.
I debone but, its for me. No dogs now.
Whew... I tried that once - labor intensive! Forty-one roos to do - wow!

Even when I use the chicken for us - the dogs can still have the bones because they're so soft. It's a win-win!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We fix the dogs bowls on the porch. Carson runs the yard and Trip will jump the gate to run to the porch. They eat on the porch. Sentry and Sheba eat in the pasture. Sheba knows when we are mixing dog food and “talks” to us. She says ROOOOO and RAAWWLL and woofs and barks. So funny! She bounces up and down in her excitement, while Sentry sits like a good boy, all wiggly and drooling. Paris eats in her backyard. When BJ calls, she runs to him. They have us well trained. LOL

Don’t have an extra refrigerator and no where to put one. Wish we had one!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Speaking of “sit” Sheba just won’t. I tell her sit and she fixes this boneheaded look on her face. I try not to let her see my smile. I put her pan on the ground, pull her collar while pushing down on her butt, SIT! Finally she sits. I have her now to the point of letting go of her collar, pointing a finger on her nose, SIT! She tries about a hundred times to get around my finger, haha. Then I point to her bowl and tell her Take it! THAT command she totally obeys! She is so funny!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Started the day with my not so favorite chore. Had a couple little piggies that were born with parts that I didn't need them to have. So I fixed it. Now they don't have those parts anymore.... poor little fellers.

Then DH helped me fix a divider in the barn that was supposed to keep the pigs and goats separate. Except - a couple of the pigs learned to jump the divider. Raised it up a bit and they haven't jumped it today. Whoever thought flying pigs were cute? Stupid pigs, lol!

A few days ago I put some onions in the dehydrator. Those onions are now in vacuum sealed jars. Maybe now my house won't reek of onions, at least until I cut up more...lol.

Watched the Texans lose the last game of the season. Really glad this season is over, lol. There's always next year I guess.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
just like gardening. :)
Absolutely!

Busy day today... picked up some quail this morning! Also picked up feed and a few groceries...blah, blah, blah.

Almost finished with the quail cage re-do. Just need to finish up the door and get DH to help me hang it back up. For some reason it got heavier when I put all that new hardware cloth on it. Go figger!

Took the pups out with me to the front barnyard today. Beau didn't want to walk through the mud, lol. Raine went running to the fence to annoy the LGD's and Karma....oh my that little girl impressed the heck out of me today! There are 5 goats in that area - two pygmies and three young-ish doelings. They followed me into the garden when I went to get the garden cart out of there. Karma followed me in also. I got the cart and expected them all to follow me out. Goats weren't interested, argh. So, I got busy trying to run 'em out of there. Karma took one look and this little 3 month old prodigy got the goats out of that pen and sent them to the barn. I stood there with my mouth hanging open totally shocked. Made me tear up a little thinking that she did exactly what her Aunt Gracie would have done. It was kinda funny though because Karma doesn't do anything quietly. She barked the whole way and when I called her off - she sat at my feet and still barked at them, lol. That little gal is a huge bundle of personality wrapped in a fur coat.