Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha ha - @ FJ!

Well, 5am came waaaaaay too early this morning - but I managed to roll out before the snooze went off... Put that stinking treadmill on an incline and hit it - burned 200+ calories in a half hour! Had a scrambled egg with two added egg whites - it was about the same volume as two whole eggs, but less fat and calories. Now, I'm about to have a serving of oat bran for some additional fiber ... hope I don't regret that decision, lol!

I planted those three cloves of garlic that were growing in my pantry...now I hope they grow in the garden. And - I weeded around the asparagus bed cuz I fully intend to harvest some asparagus this year. I've been waiting for two years for it to get 'established' and I'm tired of being patient. I'm eating some this year, by golly! unless it froze...dang I hope it didn't...I'd be so disappointed.... :(

Just made an appt to get a bedliner sprayed in my truck on Friday. Not really looking forward to spending that money, but it needs it - then I order the tonneau cover and I'm done, done, done spending money. Hopefully...

Guess I better do something to earn my paycheck.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Fem, if asparagus will freeze down there....the whole country is in trouble asparagus wise :p I hope you get a plentiful harvest this year!! :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew - thanks guys for easing my worries about them silly green stalks that I can't WAIT to eat! :drool
AND, they're low cal so I can eat 'em all guilt freeeee!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
In the past, it starting poking up, got snowed on, and came on like gangbusters after the snow melted

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I really had no idea it was that hardy! They're saying by the end of the week we have a very slight, absolutely miniscule chance at some frozen precip....so it might get another chance to show me just how tough it is!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
can you throw some straw or burlap over it to get through the cold snap?