Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I sure hope so!

Well, all my bragging about our wonderful weather is OVER! We're getting hit on Thursday evening/Friday morning. Now, it's still not to the extent that most of the rest of ya'll are dealing with - but when they call for frozen precipitation in this part of the country - it's a BIG deal! It'll be short-lived thankfully. We'll be back to nice weather by Saturday.

We had a very healthy type dinner. Salmon - yum. And, I have made a discovery called Miracle Noodle. They are quite miraculous indeed! They are no sugar no carb, no fat, no calorie noodles made from some kinda weird dietary fiber called glucomannan. They're not half bad! DH really likes 'em because they're diabetic friendly. Do I sound like a commercial yet? Okay - enough of that!

It's so sad that I've got no exciting farm news, lol, or any other kind of exciting news. Welcome to my boring life...ugh!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're a man - so 'every once in a while' is GOOD! :hide

But seriously - thanks! I'm not so experienced with asparagus so any help is appreciated.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Most men I know think they're never wrong, so it's refreshing to see one that admits he's not always right. :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FJ - cover your ears, (or I guess you'd really need to cover your eyes) ... don't want you to get a big head here....

Deb, I kinda get the feeling that FJ is one of the 'good ones'! To get on here and take all the flack that "SOME" people throw at him is purt near brave of him, lol!

Ok, FJ, you can start reading again..

Can ya believe it - frozen stuff this far south. S'posed to happen tonight! Fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, they'll close down work tomorrow????!!! I'm not gonna get too excited though cuz our Winter Storm Warning runs from 9p tonight until 9a tomorrow. They might however, decide that we don't have to come in until later. I could live with that.

I'm also sposed to have a bed liner sprayed in my truck tomorrow morning at 8a. Guess who's gonna re-schedule THAT appointment?

Guess what, guess what??!!! I got some carrots outta the garden! I had planted some rainbow carrots in the fall and I pulled some the other day. I got a white one, a orange one and a purple one! Oh my goodness - they were delish. And then I found the seed pack and decided that I'm gonna plant some more and see if I can get 'em to make before it gets too hot. (hard to believe I'm worried about heat right now, lol)

I might try to bust outta work early today (I've got some comp time I need to use up). I need to get out and add some bedding to the quail cages and put out extra hay for the critters. I imagine I'll use up SEVERAL bales of hay over the next few days, along with the round bale. Hay - it does a body good! (especially if you're a ruminant - or you live outside)

Poor DH - he's burning the candle at both ends these days. His company has told him that they want to open up a new dept and that he's gonna be the one to run it. Right now he manages 4 offices in the area and all the people that go with it. So, basically he's doing both jobs right now (for the same pay, lol). He's doing ok, but sooner rather than later, somethings gotta give. Right now he comes home, eats dinner and gets back ont he computer to do more stuff for the new job. Not every night - but often enough that he's pretty whooped.

I totally support what he's doing because it'll be a positive thing for our future. We're at the age where we're starting to really think about retirement and will we have 'enough' to live more than just a subsistance lifestyle. So, I don't complain that he's too busy to help me....but dang.... when he works two jobs it means I work harder too. We need a vacation.....sigh.

Oh well... Gotta get busy!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
HEY FJ- you PEEKED! Tsk, tsk, tsk....Might have to reconsider now!! :mad: Ha, ha .. jk!

Well, it's our turn - we're getting it. Right now it's just rain, wind and cold - but around midnight it's s'posed to turn into sleet. Not a big deal to most of ya'll- but around here - it's a big deal! Still waiting for confirmation that work will be closed tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll be waiting in vain, lol.

Got home a little early and gave the quail some extra padding in their cages and put out extra hay for the horses and goats. Other than that, not much else to do.....except get in the hot tub! Whoop, whoop! The worse the weather gets, the more use the tub gets. Most of the rest of the year we hardly use it at all. Something about getting into 102 degree water if it's not cold outside. The night we got down to the low 20's - where was I? You got it...and it's so funny when you get out cuz your body throws off all kinda steam. Grandkids thought that was funny.

Salad for dinner tonight, cuz I slipped just a little at lunch. Had to get out for errands at work today and my co-workers MADE me go to our favorite Chinese buffet....ugh! Even so - I wasn't toooo bad. Totally skipped dessert and just had some veggies, sushi and crab. I looove crab... and shrimp.,.and oysters... and crawfish...and just about anything seafoodish! Why is it when you're dieting ALL you think about is food?

That's just wrong....

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whooo-weeee.... this area is just not set up to deal with this frozen stuff on the roads! Dang, the freeway system here is just about shut down. AND - my work DID close today so I've got the day offfff! Gotta take my truck in for a bedliner in a couple hours but at least I don't have to go very far. Our roads are pretty good in our little town cuz we're a bit south of Houston.

Hope everyone else is good!

Last edited: