Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Too stoopid hot to do much outside. I have a Kindle book I want to read but then I feel guilty for sitting on my butt and doing nothing. Sooooo - I threw 4 lbs of butter into the crockpot to make ghee. Haha - getting something accomplished even if I am sitting on my butt.

Wanted to make gumbo (thanks again @baymule for mentioning all that good food the other day) but don't have bell peppers or celery. I am definitely under-stocked in the pepper dept. I do have bell peppers in the garden, but I don't think marble sized peppers are going to do much good. DH will be going to town tomorrow so I guess the gumbo will wait until then.

Might get some more eggs into the dehydrator later today too. See, I can be productive even if I am reading a book, lol!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm on my last big bag of frozen peppers AND only one more bag of dehydrated ones. Good enough!👍

Plants are growing. My problem is, a goat sampled several, pulling them from their six pack. Apparently not impressed and dropped them. Most survived. Howver, the ID tag got removed and now I'll have hot, sweets and pimento all mixed....or some or none of those😢🙃🤔 surprise! 🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Might get some more eggs into the dehydrator later today too. See, I can be productive even if I am reading a book, lol!

you've been pretty busy from what i can tell, there's no reason not to take a day off here or there for rest and relaxation. :) it helps put things in perspective. :)

in the middle of all this crazy weather and trying to get everything planted inside the fence i had to run errands yesterday. i was running late, but i saw a painted turtle crossing the road so i stopped to move it the direction it was going so it wouldn't get run over. they're not endangered but i don't see many of them so i had to stop. such pretty creatures too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was pretty good. I got the ghee made and it was practically labor free and I enjoyed what was, for me, a relaxing day! I have a problem with waste - and one of the worst things to waste (for me) is time! I need to feel like I've accomplished something every day, lol. Yesterday's accomplishment was not just ghee making - but inishing a book. So it was a good day! Sometimes an accomplishment is just getting the animals fed, lol.

Today will also be a good day because we are going to have a day out. DH gets to pick a recreational activity this week and he wants to go see Top Gun. We had actually planned to go earlier but something came up.

Local Kroger store has pork shoulder for 0.97lb. Might have to pick up a couple for smoking and pulled pork.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yesterday was pretty good. I got the ghee made and it was practically labor free and I enjoyed what was, for me, a relaxing day! I have a problem with waste - and one of the worst things to waste (for me) is time! I need to feel like I've accomplished something every day, lol. Yesterday's accomplishment was not just ghee making - but inishing a book. So it was a good day! Sometimes an accomplishment is just getting the animals fed, lol.

Today will also be a good day because we are going to have a day out. DH gets to pick a recreational activity this week and he wants to go see Top Gun. We had actually planned to go earlier but something came up.

Local Kroger store has pork shoulder for 0.97lb. Might have to pick up a couple for smoking and pulled pork.

at the cellular level you're always accomplishing something. :)

i hope you had a great time!

Latest posts