Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal - Overcast damp day here too.

This is my 4th time to be called. I'm just lucky I guess.... (or not, lol).

The first time I was ever called, many years ago, I got picked to be on a jury for a capital murder trial. They said the trial would probably last several weeks and the jury would be sequestered. (a police officer had been killed in the commission of a crime) Thankfully, that one settled on the first day of trial.

Next time, about 5 years ago I got picked again and was jury forewoman - I guess because my background as a paralegal. That one only lasted a couple of hours and I've gotta admit it was kinda fun. Not guilty!

Third time was show up and go home. Fourth time today. Whew!

I gripe and moan about it - but do consider it something that we should all do when it's our time.

I don't know why I get called so often. DH has only been called once in over 20 years.

Need to pull something outta the freezer for dinner. No idea what's for dinner tonight. I need inspiration, lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They always question potential jurors, even after they pretty much have their 12 picked. So when they get to me, I just let them have it. LOL I’m sure one side is delighted I’m not on the jury and the other side is wishful I was . Hahaha. One case I was called for, an ex boyfriend had run up the girlfriends credit cards to felony level. I knew I wasn’t going to be picked, so I told them his grandma needed to whip him with a peach switch and teach him better. LOL

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bonus day for sure - and we've had a total rainfall this morning of a whopping .04! Maybe I should go throw out some more rye seeds! "Supposed" to get more rain this evening and overnight. However, THIS particular shower wasn't even predicted.

looking good in a while. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got a whopping .25 of rain overnight. Not enough, but I'll definitely take it. Hope that gives the rye grass enough of a drink to get started. Hopefully more rain coming Friday. Who knows if it will materialize?

I'll need to do some critter shuffling so I can get the horses off the pasture just in case the rye decides to try to get going.

Need to jump back into gardening. I slacked off when weather got hot again and had other stuff on my agenda.

Time to find some breakfast and then get busy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I got that much from dew/fog this morning!
I think the only thing that kept everything from drying up totally is that we have had some heavy dew. Crazy how dry we've been and I heard that the winter prediction for this area is "warmer and dryer" than usual. I can deal with warmer....but dryer? Nope!