Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... But, from my highest weight last year to now - I'm down over 20 lbs. Feel great and have lots of stamina. I want HIM to feel this good too!

it is a much better feeling for sure and i'm glad i took off what i could when i did. hard to see it creeping back up again - i better put a hole in my feed bag...

good luck! :)

and yes, i hate shopping with Mom as she dwaddles around and looks at stuff and stops in front of me as i'm pushing the cart and i have to try to not run her over and she ... etc. etc. !

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hardly did anything at all yesterday. Except for feeding. I do that twice a day. Oh - and I hauled several carts of hay up to the front pen. Then I planted some peas, baked a ham, did a resistance band workout, disbudded two kids, and mulched a couple rows in the garden. Almost forgot - started some seeds and changed the bedding and did a couple loads of laundry. I try to take it easy on Sundays, lol.

Had a glass of red and slept like a rock!

Up at 5:30ish and have that first cup of coffee going. I'll get out and feed soon and head to town. Feed mill will be my first stop before hitting up Walmart for a few things. I'd rather take a beating than go to Walmart - but it's the only show in town so I'll be there...ugh.

Chance of rain today. Of course there is, lol. It always rains right after the mud dries up. I generally get one day I can do chores without wearing boots. I guess if it rains again I'll be rocking the mud boots and shorts look since our temps are headed to the upper 70's. I'll take it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
you do more in a day than i do in a week or two... :)
Lol - I'm just trying to take advantage of weather that is neither too hot nor too cold (at the moment).

We're supposed to get a front at some point today so I'll be outside as soon. Kinda waiting for daylight to get busy. Might need another cup of coffee too. I seriously hope the weather folks are wrong when they forecast some storms bringing in today's front. We certainly don't need any rain so a dry front would be welcome.

I've spent a couple of days browsing seed sites, comparing prices and number of seeds for the money, and had an order ready to place last night. Didn't need a lot, but I was really glad to have that order ready to go and some internet gremlin ATE my order! ARGH! I'm so bummed. Now I get to start over. So annoying!

No new babies yet - but every day is another day closer. I think the next due date is the 22nd, but I've got several does that I don't have exact breeding dates so it's a guessing game, lol.

Been slowly adding more mulch to the garden. As the goats go through the hay I'm raking up what they don't eat and using that. I seriously need to add some goat gold to some areas. No shortage of that around here, lol.

Happy Wednesday ya'll.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've spent a couple of days browsing seed sites, comparing prices and number of seeds for the money, and had an order ready to place last night. Didn't need a lot, but I was really glad to have that order ready to go and some internet gremlin ATE my order! ARGH! I'm so bummed. Now I get to start over. So annoying!

i'm not a very good garden catalogue consumer and rarely buy things on-line - i much prefer to get what i can from seed swaps and friends in the mail. this season i only have a few items i want to find and the rest i'll fill in with beans as usual.

No new babies yet - but every day is another day closer. I think the next due date is the 22nd, but I've got several does that I don't have exact breeding dates so it's a guessing game, lol.

oops! but i guess that is one way to keep yourself on your toes! :)

Been slowly adding more mulch to the garden. As the goats go through the hay I'm raking up what they don't eat and using that. I seriously need to add some goat gold to some areas. No shortage of that around here, lol.

Happy Wednesday ya'll.

i'm really not here or awake yet, this is the ghost of my future self...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm not a very good garden catalogue consumer
I wasn't ordering a lot of things. I've got a pretty good stash of seeds. A lot that I save from year to year. I saw some purple sugar snap peas that I'd like to try. I kind of like the purple veggies! ;) I'm also starting some purple broccoli seeds. We'll see how that goes.

Two new babies this morning!! One of the first freshener gals decided to bless me with two buck kids. I sat and drank an extra cup of coffee this morning while emailing a friend. I told her that it would be nice to go out and find new babies. Tah Dah! I went out and found new babies, lol. Already successfully birthed, still wet and up and nursing. Can't ask for more than that from a first time mama! That makes 7 new babies. Count is now 4 bucklings and 3 doelings.

Beautiful day today. All sunshine and the temp went from mid 50's up to the low 70's. So nice! Unfortunately rain back in the forecast for tomorrow, Saturday and again on Tuesday. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Always nice to have warmer temps for these winter babes! 🤗
It is! I hope my luck holds out. I could have several more births within the next week. We've got rain in the forecast today, tomorrow and more on Tuesday. YUCK! It'll get cooler - but none of the hard freezing weather like a few weeks ago.