Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Pain doc told DH there was no reason he shouldn't be walking even if it hurts. I suggested a minimum of 2K steps for now. No steps - no dinner, lol. I'm a mean ol' witch! Next week we'll increase the count.
How did DH take that?

Had a discussion here this morning when I said I was going solo. 5 places to go, needed to get in and out quickly with minimal meandering with being short on time today. Can't build up stamina if you don't try. Yeah

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How did DH take that?

He always agrees with everything I say, but actually doing it is a totally different story, lol! He's really easy going and understands that my abus.... I mean my tortur... I mean my suggestions are for his own good!

Had a discussion here this morning when I said I was going solo. 5 places to go, needed to get in and out quickly with minimal meandering with being short on time today. Can't build up stamina if you don't try. Yeah
OH my gosh! This is my life! We generally go separately these days. I can't take an hour to walk through the grocery store! The milk would spoil before I could get out of there at his speed!

Do you happen to have a treadmill? Yeah -- and a milk stand head latch. :lol:
Yes ma'am I do! Haven't attached a milk stand head latch ...yet!

Y'all are mean!
And proud of it, lol! Nobody will ever be able to say that I didn't try to whoop this man into shape!

And - to toot my own horn I checked last year's calendar where I occasionally write down my weight. It's very scary to put it in writing, lol. But, from my highest weight last year to now - I'm down over 20 lbs. Feel great and have lots of stamina. I want HIM to feel this good too!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love that idea! But he can't carry more than a gallon of milk right now... A lot of his problem comes from being absolutely sedentary. He has always been in management. The most exercise he ever got in the hospitals he worked at was to walk from his car to his office. He has zero core strength. As a nurse he knows what is needed. So - what the heck? He's also lost 3 inches in height in the last few years and has been told by his doctors that for a big guy he's got very thin bones. What helps with all of that? Weight bearing exercise for goodness sake!

A bit of good note - he's met or beat his step goal for several days in a row. Hmmm....time to increase the steps! (he's going to hate me, lol)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good Sunday morning!

Been up since 5:30....what is wrong with me? When I went to bed last night I was determined to sleep until at least 7. Ugh.

Made some baked oatmeal that I've been seeing folks talk about. Smells great. While it was baking I did a 30minute resistance band workout. About to get outside and start racking up my steps.

I spent yesterday putting up some extra kidding pens. Distinct possibility I may have several goats who need pens at the same time. I'll hang gates and get 'em bedded today and they'll have several options.

Gotta get started!