Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
...Other than stuff my face with a delicious cheeseburger, I've done nothing else except the normal feeding animal chores.

i had two delicious patties with cheese from the grill yesterday (no buns wanted). also there was cake with frosting (and for breakfast a bit ago i had some of that with ice-cream which combined was better than many desserts i've had at places eating out).

Back at it tomorrow!

shh! :) i'm going to pretend it isn't today as long as i can get away with it!!!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh...another delay in priming/painting. Have to run errands today. Except for getting grain, DH previously was the errand runner around here. It takes up most of the useful part of the day when I have to go off-farm for errands. I didn't go last week so today is the day. Gotta get grain, Home Depot for more primer, (the much dreaded) Wally world then swing by Kroger for a couple of sale items, then fill up my truck.

Need to feed and then clean up and head out. It's so wet and muddy that even with boots I end up a mess. Just walking through the wet ground causes splashes that end up coloring my knees between the top of my boots and the bottom of my shorts, lol. Kind of similar to a farmers tan - except caused by mud - not sun.

Gotta finish this cuppa coffee before I do anything else!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
More than 4 hours running errands. Ugh. Hadn't really shopped in a while. Restocked now, lol! And, I shouldn't have to go back any time soon. I do not enjoy shopping...Got home and spent another hour putting things away.

Managed to do about an hour of wall-work. Got corners and ceiling junction done on another wall. I'll get it rolled tomorrow. Finishing this job might be my only New Years resolution for next year, lol!

I think I deserve an adult beverage before bed.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
More than 4 hours running errands. Ugh. Hadn't really shopped in a while. Restocked now, lol! And, I shouldn't have to go back any time soon. I do not enjoy shopping...Got home and spent another hour putting things away.

i hate it, i hate it enough that it was part of the reasons to consider and seriously explore joining a monastery. i loved their vows of simplicity but also of stability, and even though in the end i decided not to join them they were great friends until they both passed away (and i still miss not seeing them from time to time but it is such a long trip from here that i can rarely get back and now that the two founders are gone i don't know the rest of the people very well who have joined since i left that area).

the vow of stability was that they would not just go out and run around and when they had enough members they'd have a person who was designated as their "out and about person" who would run the errands and do any shopping for supplies. of course now with so many delivery options available i'm not sure how much they'd need that sort of role any more but then the person would have to use the computer or iphones or whatever...

so there ya go, perhaps ordering and delivery are the way to go? :)

congrats on making any progress, i completely flubbed my projects this early spring with all the odd weather and getting dragged away for other things that i would have liked to have been able to say "no" about... oh well. maybe this fall for most of them... one in particular though i really hope i can get some time in on this summer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
so there ya go, perhaps ordering and delivery are the way to go? :)
I do that on some things - but even though I make a list I get inspiration from walking through the aisles. I call it "inspiration" and DH calls it going overboard, lol.

Going to start wall priming again this morning. I'd like to make more progress today. Not sure if that'll happen...I have to move a lot of furniture to do the next wall. Doing all of this by myself just magnifies the time factor. Get on the ladder - do a small section - get off the ladder - move the ladder - move the drop cloth - get back on the ladder .... Not to mention furniture moving - putting furniture back - touching up the spots that I missed that are ONLY visible after everything is dry and I've already put the furniture back. Patience has never been my strong suit!

Joining a monastary doesn't sound like a bad deal at all!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok ya'll - I'm gonna toot my own horn. I sucked it up and did (almost) ALL the priming today. I wanted to get it all done so we only had to clean the power roller once. DH tells me it's a PIA.

Only have a little section of ceiling wall junction to do and one window trim. Yay!

I pre-medicated with 4 Motrin so my shoulder would behave. It's been a long day...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good thing I got it done yesterday cuz I won't be doing anymore today! OUCH! My shoulder held up well, but I'm sore in other places! All across the top of my back - rhomboids and traps are complaining this morning.

Garden is complaining too. Too much water and nobody likes wet feet. Garden will do what garden will do at this point. I still need to plant some black-eyes...plenty of time to get them in since they love hot weather.

Brought up a couple of does last night. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if I get off of here and go milk 'em.