Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coulda used some rain here. A house fire started a fire, which got up to 32 acres. It was 17 miles by road to my house, so not really worried. Thankfully the late afternoon winds didn't arrive, so they were able to line it about 50% and cancelled some of the levels of evac by 10 p.m.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need a hobby. Usually I'm so busy outside that there are not enough hours in the day to do all I need to do....but with this weather I'm hibernating. When I'm not busy my head constantly tries to break my heart. I need something that I can focus on other than sadness. :(

Heck - maybe I should forget the "hobby" stuff and just do house stuff. I've got a closet or two that would probably appreciate being cleaned out - again. I did that when I first retired but it could stand it again and this time I should be ruthless.

I dunno...I think maybe there's a new Kindle book calling my name.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Too hot to do anything outside. 107F today, tomorrow and 109F Sunday. This is getting ridiculous. Yesterday at 106F, I went outside to feed, planning on doing it in stages and coming inside to cool off. Breezed right through chores! It is SO hot and SO dry, that the humidity is very low. I barely even busted a sweat. Normally I’m running water off me like a water sprinkler!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I need a hobby. Usually I'm so busy outside that there are not enough hours in the day to do all I need to do....but with this weather I'm hibernating. When I'm not busy my head constantly tries to break my heart. I need something that I can focus on other than sadness. :(

Heck - maybe I should forget the "hobby" stuff and just do house stuff. I've got a closet or two that would probably appreciate being cleaned out - again. I did that when I first retired but it could stand it again and this time I should be ruthless.

I dunno...I think maybe there's a new Kindle book calling my name.
Are you inclined to privately write a journal or just jot down your thoughts? Sometimes putting them down on paper (or in an electronic doc) might help the heart and mind work through your grief.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Are you inclined to privately write a journal or just jot down your thoughts? Sometimes putting them down on paper (or in an electronic doc) might help the heart and mind work through your grief.
Great minds think alike. I started doing that about a week ago. It does help a bit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, I actually accomplished something today - and it wasn't a closet cleaning. I filled up 5 empty 5 gallon gas cans to go with the ones that already have fuel in them. Ready for a storm or a rolling blackout I guess.

This evening when I was getting them put into the shed I was thrilled to discover that water was gushing out of the ground. This is getting to be a regular occurrence. Good thing I've got plumbing experience from last year. I've got it dug up already and know where the problem is, but I need parts. DH is on parts gathering duties in the morning. I intend to get this done before it gets hot tomorrow.

I filled up all the animal waterers and a couple gallons of fresh water for the house before I shut it off at the well. I've got about 20 gallons of water in 5 gallon containers that I keep full all the time so I'm covered for flushing. Thank goodness!

I think perhaps an adult beverage is in order.

Latest posts