Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And Dale Evan's Buttermilk!

Stayed busy for awhile today. Trimmed some goat feetsies. Eight of 'em. Eight feet - not 8 goats, lol. They're feet are hard, hard, hard! Not enough moisture to soften them up. Silly Karma dog scarfed up the trimmings as fast as I could snip 'em off, lol.

Stoopid chickens have separated themselves into two separate flocks. Nope, I need my hens together so I can find some eggs. Some of 'em are layin' in the barn and the lgd's love them some eggs. Grrrrr. I went out after dark and caught some up, trimmed wings and tossed 'em into a pen. Need to get the rest of the girls tomorrow...and I might need to re-home a roo or two. They don't know how lucky they are that my freezers are full!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
And Dale Evan's Buttermilk!

Stayed busy for awhile today. Trimmed some goat feetsies. Eight of 'em. Eight feet - not 8 goats, lol. They're feet are hard, hard, hard! Not enough moisture to soften them up. Silly Karma dog scarfed up the trimmings as fast as I could snip 'em off, lol.

Stoopid chickens have separated themselves into two separate flocks. Nope, I need my hens together so I can find some eggs. Some of 'em are layin' in the barn and the lgd's love them some eggs. Grrrrr. I went out after dark and caught some up, trimmed wings and tossed 'em into a pen. Need to get the rest of the girls tomorrow...and I might need to re-home a roo or two. They don't know how lucky they are that my freezers are full!

i'm learn'd now enough from reading this group and TEG that i mostly caught what you wrote there and maybe even understood it, but please don't quiz me on that... :)

good luck with your attempts to catch them and to mend their ways. i can just see you lecturing...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm learn'd now enough from reading this group and TEG that i mostly caught what you wrote there and maybe even understood it, but please don't quiz me on that...
You're doing good, lol!

Did a couple things today to get ready for the promised upcoming rain. I'm going to be absolutely bummed if we don't get sky water! Pond neeeeeeeeds water! Fingers crossed! It isn't going to start until Friday. :fl

I covered a round bale that's out for the bucks. Literally haven't had enough rain to worry about it before now. Prediction is at 3+ inches over a couple days.

Moved the stock trailer so I can more easily get the truck backed up to the feed trailer. The wet weather safe portion of the drive back to the pasture is pretty narrow so I have to have a clear path or there will be major mudslinging going on. Don't want that!

DH has made a huge step....I'm actually kind of shocked. He asked to go fishing, lol. We're headed out tomorrow morning. Only problem is that he only gets to be an observer. He didn't get a new fishing license - yet.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
DH has made a huge step....I'm actually kind of shocked. He asked to go fishing, lol. We're headed out tomorrow morning. Only problem is that he only gets to be an observer. He didn't get a new fishing license - yet.
On the next episode of Lone Star Law...
I didn't touch a line in the water, sir

Yes. It's a real TV show

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On the next episode of Lone Star Law...
I didn't touch a line in the water, sir

Yes. It's a real TV show

I've seen it, lol!

I've thought about that though. So, I'm only taking one pole tomorrow even though a licensed fisherperson is allowed to use two. That'll take away any possibility that someone could think he's fishing - cuz I'm not giving up MY pole, lol. With his back problems he can barely stand up straight (actually he can't) much less cast a line... :( We're taking a nice comfy rocking chair so he can soak up some rays and smell the salty water. It'll do him good to spend some time outside and soak up some sun.

Last edited: