Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Life has a way of forcing us back to a semi schedule even after unspeakable tragedy. Animals still need to be cared for, meals cooked, laundry done... Part of me wants nothing more than to think about her and go over memories every minute of every day but that's not realistic. Life goes on and even though "life" pisses me off immeasurably right now - it still goes on.

SIL and grands left yesterday. Broke my heart to let them go. School is starting in a couple weeks so there are things they need to attend to.

Turned the goats into the overgrown areas that were formerly gardens. Amazing how they can plow through an area that is over 6 foot tall with weeds so thick I can't walk through. An afternoon of that and I can see the ground now. Not sure if I'll put a garden back there or just stick to my smaller raised beds going forward.

I'm going to try and ease DH and I into the Mediterranean diet way of eating. I've lost a few lbs, but DH seems to be eating his grief. He's gained probably 10 lbs in the last few weeks. Worst thing that can happen to his body. HIs back and hips don't need any more challenges.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
looks like you did get some more. hope all is ok! :)
I swear it's all around me - but we get nothing but tiny little leftovers. Twenty miles in one direction they got almost 4 inches....20 miles in the other direction they got over 2 inches...10 miles away another 2+ inches.

Our grand total for the day is 0.18. Less than 2/10 of an inch. ARGH!!!! :he

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ha - we got zippo, nuttin', nada this morning. Sun came out and we got well into the 90's until late afternoon. The skies darkened, the winds blew and we got a bit over a half inch along with some nice blustery winds! Woo Hoo!

party time! read a book! :) that's what i did yesterday when it was sprinkling all day. nice to have a day off once in a while.

looks like we're going to have rains most of this week.