We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands now rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks - I appreciate everyone's concern. My precious daughter passed away today. Ya'll will understand if I need to take a little time off.
your silence spoke 1000 words I knew this was so,
As I said, my heart is with you and aches for the pain you are going through, I am truly sorry
Becky❤️

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My beautiful daughter and her wonderful husband. She wasn't just beautiful on the outside - she was beautiful to her core.

1690598372506.jpeg

We're having a small private memorial tomorrow at my son's house.

I don't know how to do this ya'll. I'm a big ol' mess....

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Life has a way of forcing us back to a semi schedule even after unspeakable tragedy. Animals still need to be cared for, meals cooked, laundry done... Part of me wants nothing more than to think about her and go over memories every minute of every day but that's not realistic. Life goes on and even though "life" pisses me off immeasurably right now - it still goes on.

SIL and grands left yesterday. Broke my heart to let them go. School is starting in a couple weeks so there are things they need to attend to.

Turned the goats into the overgrown areas that were formerly gardens. Amazing how they can plow through an area that is over 6 foot tall with weeds so thick I can't walk through. An afternoon of that and I can see the ground now. Not sure if I'll put a garden back there or just stick to my smaller raised beds going forward.

I'm going to try and ease DH and I into the Mediterranean diet way of eating. I've lost a few lbs, but DH seems to be eating his grief. He's gained probably 10 lbs in the last few weeks. Worst thing that can happen to his body. HIs back and hips don't need any more challenges.