Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got back in at 7:40. Looking at the laundry still on the couch. Two sets of sheets still not washed. Not gonna worry about it right now. Going to enjoy my adult beverage and plan what I need to do tomorrow.

I have a hen that's eating eggs. Maybe more than one - I dunno. Got 3 eggs today...just 3 and they were covered with broken egg residue. Whatsa matter with those girls? I make sure they're safe, I give them feed, they get to free range and they think they can eat MY eggs? Nope. I need all the eggs I can get before the kiddos get here. They love them some scrambled eggs! Not gonna be pretty when I catch the responsible party.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Spent a couple hours running errands yesterday. I hate running errands! Guess I better get used to it because there will always be errands.

Got a text after 10pm a couple days ago. "Do you have goat?" Uh....yes I do. Still grouchy about them texting so late so I haven't answered them, lol. Ummm, by being stubborn and not answering them - who am I punishing?

Noticed something really cool yesterday when at the pond feeding the fish. We have a bluegill spawn happening! I could actually see the little scooped out "nests" that they had built and could see a proud papa bluegill guarding them. They are shallower than I expected them to be, but I'm fine with whatever works. I'll be at the fish farm Saturday morning to pick up 40 bass. Nice to know that with the bluegill spawn the bass should have plenty to eat! I love my pond. It's really cool watching this little ecosystem develop. Speaking of develop - with the multitude of tadpoles I've seen I'm now seeing a multitude of itty, bitty frogs. Bass like frogs too, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got the bass yesterday! Whoop! When feeding the fish this morning there was a whole lot more activity. They're hungry little boogers. So excited. With good feeding they can be 1.5 to 2 lbs in a year. I'm thinking we'll start fishing them fall 2025. I'll start fishing some of the bluegill this fall just to see how they're progressing. Neighbor got his bluegill last year and he's got some "keeper" sized already. He stocked some hybrid catfish a few weeks ago. Those guys are reported to make 5lbs in a year! DANG! I thought about getting some of those but I'm afraid they'd eat all my bluegills and baby bass. Can't have that! Also, they don't reproduce. Just eat 'em and restock I guess.

Need to decide if the most recent doeling is a keeper. She's not outstanding, but she's 50/50 Nubian/Kiko. She'll need to replace her mama who will be offered for sale when this baby is weaned. Guess I need to get her disbudded justincase.

Going to pick up one of the grandgirls tomorrow. She wanted some one on one time and I'm glad to oblige, lol. The others will come in Wednesday, weather permitting. Sigh.... I'm so not ready for this deluge that's been predicted for us. Ugh.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Forty years ago today this beautiful person entered my life. It's been almost a year since she left us. My heart hurts for her every minute of every day.

The only thing that makes today bearable is that I'm getting her youngest daughter today and the other grands will come in later this week. They help my soul to heal.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew! You have had so much going on! I’m glad you have your grands coming to visit and your granddaughter coming by herself. There’s nothing like grands to put your heart right.
I hope surgery for your husband is an option and if so, that it gives him some relief.

I love that you are enjoying your pond. It won’t be long and you as the grands can wet hooks right there at home.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got a text after 10pm a couple days ago. "Do you have goat?" Uh....yes I do. Still grouchy about them texting so late so I haven't answered them, lol. Ummm, by being stubborn and not answering them - who am I punishing?
When people text me late at night, I get them back by responding at 5:30 AM.🤭

And don’t worry, you’re not punishing yourself by not responding. Those kind of inquiries aren’t really going to buy a goat (or a chicken or whatever) anyway.