Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Speaking of smelling like animals, ever notice how strong they smell when you bring them to a sanitary environment? At the vet's office yesterday my buckling smelled absurdly goaty! Haha

You are soooo right about that! I'm like.... I don't smell 'em at home - why do they stink so much here?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have my "farm clothes and farm shoes" then I change into "town clothes and town shoes". I hate it when I am in town and look down at my feet and realize that my torn, battered, dirty? shoes make me look homeless.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Depending on the clothes, sometimes I just say screw it! LOL I was wearing my bibs one day right before christmas, and some guy in the grocery store parking lot was like "you make those look good!" I was like, um, ok, thanks, I think :p I think he was just surprised to see a girl wearing bibs that are actually WORN, and obviously heavy weight.
And yes, FEM, I can't do the coveralls unless it's REALLY cold! It has to be below 25 for that to be reasonable, and even then I have to be careful and not move too fast and get warm, LOL

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought DH a pair of insulated coveralls for $5 at the local Trade Days and they have been worth every penny. I plan on getting me a pair as soon as I find another bargain. I'm pretty sure no one would say I make them look good but they sure are warm. I wore his to work outside one cold morning and I couldn't believe how warm they are.

Speaking of shoes, I looked down a couple of Sundays ago and sure enough at church was my nasty shoes, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a great price for coveralls Icertuche! Maybe you can find yourself a pair for that price too!

Thinking I need to post a Craigslist ad pretty soon and try to move some of these pigsters. I don't really NEED to keep any of 'em because I'm planning on butchering one of the boars. But, the ones that don't sell I'll keep and butcher before sexual maturity. I'll bet some nice young pig would taste pretty good!

Thank goodness it's almost Friday. I've considered calling in sick every day this week....but didn't. I have a great boss and great co-workers and they just don't care if I lay my head down on my desk. I stayed home last Friday when the weather was so crappy and all the cold was coming just to get things ready. So, I either got sick from the hot, cold, hot cold....or very likely the cedar pollen that blew in with the cold front. UGH.

I ORDERED SEEDS! Got one of those emails from Baker's Heirloom seeds the other day and could NOT help myself. I ordered a bunch of really cool, unusual things that I've never grown before. I'm excited to try some of the different squashes that I ordered. I want to grow a bunch of squashes/pumpkins that I can use for critter treats. Not fooling myself that I could ever grow ALL of their food, but every little bit helps. Is it spring yet?

Had my second Physical Therapy appointment today and made the mistake of taking the MRI report on my foot. Bad idea because now the therapist knows JUST where to focus and exactly what he should be focusing on. I've got a lot of scar tissue in the foot so deep massage is called for. Now - one would think that deep massage would feel good - but not when it's right on top of the injury - YIKES! He keeps asking me if it hurts and I keep telling him "YES" and he just pushes harder, lol. Good thing he's purdy! But - the truth is that I've been dealing with this foot since September and I'm ready to be FINISHED with it! So there!

Told DH a minute ago that I'd like my Christrmas present to be complete and soon - dammit! He got me a cool new camera - but no memory card - ugh. I can't take pics of the ever growing baby bellies that my goatie gals are sporting without that memory card - duh!

I still haven't even figured out which all of my does are bred. Nigie gal (Hiney) is for sure. Sparkle, Cocoa, Spooky and Noir are positive. After that there's a bunch of 'maybe's. Really not sure about Red....she's popped out trips the last two years so maybe she's taking a break? I think I've got about 6 "maybe's"... I won't be heart broken either way. Maybe I'll start a kidding thread over on BYH. If I get my memory card!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think we should all get discounts on seeds for talking them up so much! We have some seeds left from last year, more traditional but still heirloom stuff (from Fedco in Maine, love them)and ordered a bunch of crazy stuff from Baker Creek. We figured it might be more fun to garden if it all looks cool (plus easier to get the kiddo to eat purple beans, lol)

OUCH on the foot! He is seriously so lucky he's handsome!

Yea please make your DH get you a memory card! I won't be having goatie babies this year so I need to live vicariously through you while I cry and wait for next season.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hey, just stop at wallyworld and get the card -- less stress. :p

I so need to sell pigs, like you. Never have put an ad on CL, so that will be a first for me. But, I've pretty well decided to sell piglets and both girls, also. Just not sure I need more pork for a while and find I eat little meats lately, so why bother?:idunno I can buy pastured raised pork & beef reasonably close. Thinking I need to cut back on "stuff" to do & feed. With that said, I am in process of increasing bird flocks, a little. But, can sell some & eggs. Besides, if they get "in my way" a tub of hot water, some sharp knives and I can get those put up in only one day, no butcher fees.

Have goats ready to start kidding very soon. Will sell all kids and even a couple adults. Would like to be at 6 head. :rolleyes:

When you tell your "eye candy" it hurts, he knows he is where he needs to be with the PT to work. In the long run, it will help & feel better.

I'm soooo with all of you on the clothes thing!! I often ruin good shoes by "feeding first" before changing clothes. Know you all have done the same!!!!! My bibbed ski pants are great for cold, warm to wear, light weight & stuff slides off the silky finish. $5 @ 2nd hand yrs ago.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How many do you need to reduce to get to 6? I'm down to 4 goats, but waiting for 2 to be born this spring (I am on the waiting list).

Know how you feel about the pigs. If my DH wasn't around, I would only have goats. I don't even think I would want to deal with chickens, fresh eggs are only $3/dozen around here and I wouldn't eat all that much meat if I wasn't cooking for all of us!