Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Time for a whinefest, lol!

Finally gave in and went to the doc yesterday. Got royally chewed out for not coming in earlier. He wanted to send me for a chest x-ray to see how bad my pneumonia is!?! I refused the chest x-ray and told him to just give me drugs. He did! Seems besides the (walking?) pneumonia, and/or bronchitis, sinus infection and ear infection I got a big ol' case of stupid for thinking I could kick this without drugs! Oh yea - also adult onset asthma was mentioned. And, if I'm not feeling significantly better in 72 hours a different antibiotic will be in order. Geeze - just shoot me now!

Went to bed last night at 7:30 and didn't get out of bed until 11:30 this morning. Longest I've stayed in bed in ... I can't even remember.

Positive side of being sick - I've lost 5 lbs. YEA!

I NEED to go out and feed. Poor critters didn't get any grain last night or yet this morning. Goats and horses are good - they've got hay....but the pigsters are gonna be mad at me. Bless their little piggy hearts. They have access to hay too but it's not really their 1st choice.

My seed order was delivered yesterday - whoop! The broccoli and napa cabbage I planted last week are doing well. So exciting!! I haven't gotten the peas in the ground...at least not yet. It will happen.

Little runt pig rallied a bit after a coccidia treatment and a dose of Ivomec. Still worried about her - she just doesn't look well and doesn't eat well either. I did try to syringe feed her some grits/egg yolk and she protested greatly, lol. Not sure I got any in her - but Cowboy sure licked her face clean. Silly dog.

Time to do something....going back to bed sounds good.

Happy Thursday (it is Thursday, right?) ya'll.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, didn't your DH nurse tell you that you may have pneumonia?

Bad Girl!!!:idunno Hope you feel better soon....:hugs

Those pigs will eat hay!! Rare to see one go hungry. Rest. Have DH check water levels.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, didn't your DH nurse tell you that you may have pneumonia?
I should've listened to him. Tuesday night he was trying to drag me to the ER because I couldn't breathe without wheezing both inhaling and exhaling - and I refused.... Yea, I chalk it up to him being over-protective and my protesting that "I'm OK"!! Living with a nurse isn't easy, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SEE!! Isn't easy but, he has the education & training. I guess he just needs a refresher course in DW A$$ kicking!! :hide:lol::idunno

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon! Knock on wood (knuckles on my head) we haven't been sick this winter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo - went to work today! For an hour...:( Came home, got out the Vicks and crawled into bed for 5 hours. Not feeling too poorly right now though. Proves that rest does a body good. Didn't sleep well last night - but guaranteed to do better tonight. Just one of the reasons I love me some wine!

We are getting pummeled again with rain. However, I've gotta say we've been luckier than some of the folks in East Texas. Some places got 5+ inches. Thankfully, we're only at about 2.5, but it's still falling...

So much for getting anything accomplished outside even if I did feel like it.

Poor little broken-leg goat is going stir crazy in her little pen. I can let her out when the weather is nice - but I'm afraid that cast wouldn't last very long in deep mud. It's been 25 days now since she got the cast on and vet said 35 - 45 days for removal. I don't see her putting it on the ground very much, but doesn't stop her from jumping up on anything she wants to jump on....Silly goat...guess she wants to break the other one? I'm anxious to get it off so I can see how she's healing. Hope she does well - it really was a bad break.

Got chicken soup simmering on the stove - hopefully I'll feel like eating. Actually, I should be happy for the loss of appetite - it's the easiest way to drop a few lbs!

Guess I should go give it a stir....cornbread sounds good. :drool

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know what its like to have DH pester you about going to the doctor. I finally go to the doctor when I can't sleep for a couple of days. Don't you find it annoying that wheezing is so loud it keeps you awake and everyone gripes the noise is interfering with their TV watching, lol. After a steroid shot and three antibiotics I'm still wheezing but at least my coughing has got better. Doctor said the x-rays were too cloudy to tell much but thought it was only asthma and bronchitis. I'm still tired but better. I hope you feel better soon and so will I.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Icertuche
You know just how I feel. Its soo annoying! I kept thinking it would get better - but it didn't. Doc asked me if I wanted an inhaler- but I've had one and they make me a crazy person. I'd rather wheeze, lol! It is exhausting - I get out of breath just walking across the room - and still feverish. Coughing must be a great workout cuz I'm so sore that I have to bend over and grab my belly every time I cough! But, I do feel marginally better. It seems like every night Dh is pushing the ER for a breathing treatment. Probably just because I'm keeping him awake. He just needs to hush it, lol!

We will kick this!

Latest posts