Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow Bay you are good at finding deals aren't you?

Random question- FEM do you butcher your goats or send them to have them done? I am dying to try goat. No one here sells it so I guess we're stuck butchering our own to see if we like it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cool Bay - thanks! I don't really want a gooseneck, but wouldn't totally rule it out. But, I would have to have my truck modified and not absolutely crazy about having a ball in the middle of my bed.

As far as butchering goats - I do 'em after DH dispatches 'em. But, I haven't done many...oh and I did a sheep once too. I suppose I could do a pig if needed, but they are a bit bigger than a goat. You should try it - it's tasty!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
https://easttexas.craigslist.org/search/gra?s=200

What about this one?

upload_2017-2-21_16-30-41.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule
Looks pretty good and the price ain't bad, lol! For now, I'm holding out for the trailer insert before I look seriously at something else. But, that trailer will definitely be on my "call" list if I can't get the insert.

With the insert I only have to license, maintain, buy tires, do upkeep and find a parking place for ONE trailer! I should know in a couple days if this deal is gonna happen.

Thanks for doing the detective work!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish you were close..I have 2 mini horse trailers, one 2 horse, one 4 horse slant load with front tack/storage. Plus, 2 flat trailers for hauling "stuff", a 10' & a 16'. Loaded with trailers! You never know what's in there....or coming out. :p

In VA we can get "permanent tags" for trailers, $50 and good as long as you own the unit. Nice deal.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - you are trailered up, lol! We have the 16 ft. lowboy, a 10 ft motorcycle trailer, a flat bed car hauler - that lives at my sons house - but it's MINE! And, my old show trailer that need to be rewired and inspected before I can get new tags for it.. Geeze, it's always something... Dang, wish we had permanent tags here. It's a yearly PIA! I would definitely rent a trailer for a day if there was anything close.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WooHoo! Finally got a hit on the pigs. Guy wants two - only hitch is that he's got to build his pen first. He's starting on it today and should get 'em next week. YAY!

Still in negotiations on the trailer insert. Hopefully, he'll deliver it Friday. If not, I'll try to pick it up this weekend.

Goaty gals are looking FULL of babies. Udders are growing nicely. I'm looking forward to having goat milk for my coffee again. I'm so spoiled that I really can't enjoy my coffee with just milk or any of that pre-mixed coffee creamer stuff...ugh. Two more weeks....I can make it!