Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Aww babies! Cowboy has gotten big, too!
Dang, that boss sounds horrid. When I lost my job several years ago it was a huge relief not to have to deal with the office manager anymore. She was a nightmare and made everyone around her miserable. I really wanted to look at her and ask her how she functions being so miserable. But I don't even think she knows it, which is the saddest part.
Yay for getting lots done!!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a lot going on during the week - EXCEPT - yesterday I posted an ad for a buck I held from last year. I was hoping he'd get a little bigger than he did (but he didn't) so I changed my mind and decided to sell him. I had a response to my ad so hopefully they aren't too far away and will come pick him up! :fl

Went to a training class with DH this morning to learn how to use his insulin pump. What a lot of info! And, in two weeks he'll get on a continuous glucose monitoring system which will read his blood sugar continuously and send the info to his pump. That should make his life so much better! (and keep his BS so much more stable) We're hoping that will help the situation with his eyes and every thing else too.

We got a bit over an inch of rain yesterday which should be just about perfect for the garden! Hoping I'll see green popping through in a few days. I noticed a tomato plant with a bloom on it yesterday! WooHoo! So, exciting! It's on a Cherokee Purple plant. I haven't had the best of luck with that variety - but dang - when you get a few of them they taste so darn good that you've just gotta keep trying!

I've got several tomato varieties that I'm trying this year. Can't remember them all - but I've got some German Queen's, a chocolate cherry tomato, a yellow pear type cherry and, and, uh.... some other kind of seed that I got free, lol. Dang old brain!

Happy Wednesday, ya'll!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I hope the pump helps! I've heard they are great.it would be even better if it helped with his eyes!

Good luck with selling the buck. Have tp start somewhere right?

I seriously need to start my seeds this week. I went a bit crazy with the tomato varieties too, they're so fun!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's wonderful! I hope the pump helps him be more stable. I know it would make both of you a lot happier!
I should probably start figuring out what to do with my garden, too.... I have no clue!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last night was a lot of fun - NOT. His BS kept trending downward until we had to give him a 'feed' to get it back up. He went to bed about 8:30 just because he's been so stressed out lately - for all the good it did him to try and get more sleep. We checked BS every two hours all through the night. I know this is just the adjustment period and it will get better - but we need our sleep! ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Finally found some eggplant plants (that was awkward) at Wally World so I picked up a six-pack. Grabbed a dozen more pepper plants too. DH does love his hot peppers. So now he's got 6 jalapenos and 6 of some other hot variety that I can't remember at the moment. I got 6 bell peppers for me.

Bottle babies - ugh! They're so darn cute, but so darn demanding! :) I'll try to get pics of them tomorrow so I can get them on Craigslist. Never heard back from the person that first inquired about the buck for sale...when I told her where I lived she never responded. She's probably north of H-town and I'm south... quite a hike.

Oh well, I'll either sell him or eat him. I could go ahead and wether him and turn him out until any 'buckiness' would wear off I guess. He's just the right size for me to butcher myself - not too big but big enough to get a decent amount of meat from. Time will tell what we do with him I guess...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh bummer your night went that way. Hope it's a short lived adjustment period!

How big is your buck? Just curious what's a good size for you to butcher. I've been reading about how healthy goat meat is for you lately, can't wait to try it. But I do love goats so it might be difficult!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's not really very big at all. I don't think he'd top a hundred lbs at all. Maybe 75-80ish. Not big, but like I said - good size for me to handle. DH helps, but literally the skinning and gutting and cutting up fall on me. He does the "deed". I guess I'm gonna have to give him a lesson, lol. I grew up watching my dad butcher deer, and I've watched a lot of youtube. If I can do it - he can too!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah deer don't appear to be very difficult (I have watched my husband do quite a few) so I figure goats can't be too bad. Not a lot of meat on them thoughl, right?