Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ewww have fun with that? Hope you don't have to play medical staff this time around. Stay cool! Tomorrow's Friday!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I cannot even begin to tell you how miserable it is crammed on a bus that seats 32 people with 32 people on board and the A/C quits in this Texas heat....:th

We stopped for cold drinks and our driver bought a bag of ice and SAT ON IT (actually put it behind his back and leaned on it) for the rest of the trip. Not only was he not getting any A/C - but the engine heat was blowing on him.... poor guy!

Supposed to take this bus on an overnight trip next week.... NOT HAPPENING! I've got to check the budget Monday and see if we can afford to lease a bus from the school district for that trip.

I need to go feed/milk - but I've got to sit for a minute or 12...

Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow! yay!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no! That's awful! After being outside in the heat all day you all must have been miserable! Good luck finding a cooler bus.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Makes ya wonder how they did it before airconditioning.....i think maybe they had better windows..

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our school buses don't have A/C. Of course, we don't have school going now.

I'm trying some of the homemade wine you made me try to make :hide Like you & yours, I found mine sweeter than I would like (I like dry, not bitter/not sweet). The grape was a touch tooo grape. Less sugar & more water might make that an ok drink. The one I mistakenly dumped almost an entire pack of yeast into....probably will dump...the white grape with cranberry has promise. A tiny bit too sweet but, I believe a little less grape, more cranberry and it might make a nice blend. The cranberry is NOT a sweetened juice. That one will get an altered mix & another try. It has promise. Plus it is a lovely, clear, rose` type wine color.

Been a long, adventurous day...sampling demos Fri, Sat, Sun. Free food! :clap :caf

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i think maybe they had better windows..
You are exactly right about that. There are windows on the bus, but they're above our heads, and are basically vents about 6 inches tall and a foot long. That doesn't move much air... but it was still definitely cooler than no air at all!!!

@Mini Horses - I'm "aging" mine. The whites/roses do seem to bee a little more balanced. I've tasted all of them and the pure grape ones are, like you said, a little too grapy, lol. I'm not giving up yet - time will tell.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll be smoking bacon at some point this weekend. It's been brining for over a week now. I did cheat a little bit the other day and sliced of a speck and fried it up...OH....MY....GOSH! It was kinda tasty, lol! Can't wait to get it all finished. AND - I've got another slab in the freezer. I wish they made pigs that were all bacon...somebody needs to work on that!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, same guy who's working on making a bovine all steaks! :lol::lol:

I'll drink to that!:cool:

My slabs are still frozen....kosher salt tomorrow! Thn I'm ready, all else here. Why do we have to smoke ? Of course, we don't. Guess the drying & xtra flavor make it "bacon".

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Dunno that we HAVE to smoke... I tried a piece the other day without smoking and it was not terrible at all! But, the last time I made bacon I smoked it with apple wood - and I gotta say that it was finger licking!