Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We're keeping our 3 DGD's for a couple of days. The 2 year old broke her leg 2 weeks ago and is sporting a bright red cast over her knee. She's Mamaw's messy mess. She likes dead pig too!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know you're gonna have a good time with that! We had one with a broken leg this summer....casted all the way to her hip. Not an easy thing to deal with either.

My 10yo grandson is a snuggle bunny. Hi s 9yo sister - just the opposite. Go figger... Both awesome in their own way.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so glad you enjoyed the grandkids. enjoy them because one day soon they will be all grown up. glad they like the dead pig. can't you just hear them when they go back to school and tell everyone they ate dead pig at grandma's house.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:( Took the little darlin's back this morning. Met my daughter half-way and swapped "almost" everything out of my truck into hers. I am now the proud caretaker of a slightly used toothbrush, lol! Silly kiddo's!

Need to get myself back into farmer mode...and for whatever reason I just don't feel like it. It's 96 degrees outside with 66% humidity...heat index about 120. I'm just TIRED OF IT! In all my years I don't remember a summer that has ever been this miserable. It was hotter'n hell last summer, but I tolerated it and worked out in it...not this year. Sigh....

Garden is still sputtering out a pepper here and there...eggplant are setting lots of fruit...and I'm waiting on a cucumber to fill out. Amazing that I can find anything in there... we are living in a rain forest/swamp and green things grow VERY well...just not the green things that I WANT to grow! Geeze...

Got all ready to do some canning this weekend and can't find the jar rack that goes in the canner. UGH. I have a flat rack that I can put in the bottom, but I'm afraid the jars might jiggle together and break. I need to put my thinkin' cap on. I'm thinking I can put some wadded foil between the jars or something to keep 'em from bashing into each other. OR, I could just keep looking for the rack, lol!

Praying for an early fall!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DD and DSIL picked up kids at noon. We were exhausted. With the 2 year old in a cast from her toes to above the knee, she had to be carried to the potty and anywhere else she wanted to go. She can sit and scoot on the floor, poor thing. The 11 month old is teething and was very clingy and fussy. The 10 year old was a blessing, doting on her little sister while i took care of the baby. No sleep.

We took a nap and now I'll go feed, then shower. We're going to Love and War in Texas for dinner and entertainment tonight. Mark McKinney is playing tonight with guest Kadie Lynn who was on America's Got Talent.

http://www.loveandwarintexas.com/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule I know how ya feel! But, I'll bet yours were more actual work than mine were. At 9 and 10 they can pretty much take care of themselves. They even cook - at home. I don't really allow that here. I know - party pooper!
They are so much fun, but that fun comes at price lol. Mainly - my body! We do a lot when they're here - even if it's just playing video games in between Scrabble and Chickenfoot games. And, all the running we do for things like the skating rink, their favorite restaurants, visiting the Great Grands. Usually after a week I'm tired and pretty much ok with them going back home. But, today I really didn't want them to go. We were all kinda weepy on the drive. They just live too stinkin' far away. And they are such good kiddos - my daughter has done a really good job with 'em.
I got a little bit of nuttin' done this afternoon except finish a book I'd started, lol. But, I ventured outside a little bit ago to start the afternoon/evening chores. Looked at the yard and decided that I had to at least start mowing. I got the front and side done and got ate UP by mosquitos. UGH. With all the rain we've had for the past couple years - we haven't had many skeeters. Can't say that now.
Still need to go do the majority of the feeding and milking. And, just to add to my workload - Maddie is locked in the trailer cuz she's in heat. I need to go let her out and hang on to Cowboy while she goes potty. Seriously thinking about a spay or neuter cuz this is just a major PIA! It's been so long since I've had both male and female dogs that I kinda forgot. Ugh. Never had any problems with any other male dogs hanging around when she was in heat except the little ankle-biter next door. Maddie = 100 lbs.... Ankle biter = maybe 5 lbs soaking wet. Makes for some funny entertainment, lol. He can't even reach her when she lays down.
Needa find something to feed DH when he gets home and guess I oughta feed the critters too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is the neatest place! The food is good, the entertainment is Texas artists and the whole thing is just fun. We had a darn good time.

Latest posts