Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Most of that Motrin, Aleve, Aspirin stuff stays ok for much longer than dates if just contained well. Besides, you're still here!? :cool: And, hope you are feeling better now.

YEP, smaller wire at top sounds good...soon he'll get tired of climbing and dropping back down. He's smarter than that, LOL.
Like you, I've added that to contain kids & young doe heads. It's less expensive to buy a roll of 2' high and add than those other panels -- especially if you already have the CPs. I do. AND many of mine were bought 2nd hand on the cheap.

I'm looking at the various fencing I have up to create rotational and containment or separation areas for the mares/stallions. As their numbers dwindle (age takes them eventually) and their feed needs change, I'm thinking that I can eliminate several fences. I will leave the gates into alley but, remove and re-use some divider fence & T-posts, not replace a good amount. Still have an alley all the way with pastures & shelters on both sides, I'm thinking Right or Left, top or bottom. It will make grooming the pastures easier, also. Will keep a few of the 1/2-1 acres lots at top to be able to handle young animals for weaning, etc. Still one old (31) & one young (10 y/o mistake) stallion. Can't keep together.

Livestock!! Always fencing issues. :p

Cool today -- good for fencing -- outside I go! Chores all done & lunch now over!!:old

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay my life... Sitting at the eye doc awaiting an emergency injection for DH's "good eye." He's having a bleed...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Dang I come in here to catch up and it's the same as it was when I last came in here to catch up! Woman! Smh... Hope your dh is better fast!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sending you a big hug. You need it....along with sleep, a hotel room to yourself, a hot bubble bath, bottle of wine and NO PHONE. but we know that's not happenin'

Hope your husband is ok. Poor man has been through so much.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sending you a big hug. You need it....along with sleep, a hotel room to yourself, a hot bubble bath, bottle of wine and NO PHONE. but we know that's not happenin'
And antibiotics...I am officially sick - with three other people (and countless critters) who depend on me. But, I think it's probably a sinus infection - and not contagious. I can't get these other people sick!

DH is the same, but blinder. He got the injection, but all it does is stop the bleeding. He can't really see anything now - everything is blurry. The left eye that had the three surgeries needs correction so he can't see anything out of it. The right eye is the one that bled today and he describes it as looking through a windshield that has ice covering it.

He had to leave work in the middle of an audit - and shouldn't have driven home but he did. The doc, who we've gotten to know real well was just as dejected and upset as we were.

The plan is to let the blood (hopefully) settle out and be reabsorbed by the body and go back for laser surgery in about a month. BUT - if the blood does NOT settle out enough for the doc to see inside his eye he won't be able to do the laser surgery. At that point we'll have to go for a vitrectomy in that eye (the surgery that takes the vitreous fluid out of the eye). That surgery will cause a cataract and we'll have to go back for that surgery next.

We were just beginning to think this nightmare was ending and it's started all over again. :(

Latest posts