Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew - I'm about as finished with that fence as I'm gonna be... at least until I get it really finished. I need about 4 feet of panel to finish it. I think I've got a piece somewhere that I can use - just gonna have to rustle it up. But, I was so hot and so sweaty and so stinky that when I got back to the house - I had to jump in the shower.

Need to start something for dinner while I'm in between outside chores. I'm thinking about something along the lines of black bean chili soup. I've got some chili left from last night and since I'm trying to incorporate more fiber into the oldsters diet - black beans will do nicely. A pan of cornbread just because and that'll have to do.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Just because sounds like a good enough reason :) Sorry to hear about your parents and the rough night. I hope your dad is going to be o.k. now and let you and your mom rest up. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks! He's doing pretty well today...still weak, but he's getting around on his own steam. We're determined to keep him awake for another couple hours so (hopefully) he'll sleep well tonight.

Some of his meds are being changed so I expect there might be a couple more rough days...:(

I worked on fence for another 4 or 5 hours this afternoon. I got everything done except for about a four foot section...ran out of cattle panel before I ran out of pasture...ugh. Probably about a 30 minute job that I can finish up one day this week. Just really glad to have the worst part of it done.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Goad you got it mostly done.

Hope your dad's meds settle down soon. That is so rough on everyone. We skyped with my grandfather today, he looks awful and was horribly confused. My mom is going down to see him Thursday and very anxious about it. I thought of you... It's so hard because your brain keeps expecting them to do the things they used to do and just knowing it'll forever be what they USED to do... Well it sucks. So:hugs to you for maintaining something resembling sanity with everything that's going on. Especially with both parents struggling.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There are several similar meds for the dementia, ask the doctor about one that does not have those side effects. Fiber -- I used Benefiber for mom & it has NO taste, does not get thick in any liquid. She would eat ok but not enough quantity toward end, so this helped. I'd put it in a bottle of a protein drink, shake & serve. You learn to concentrate things at their age. Not getting enough exercise has an impact, too.

GOOD JOB on the fence line! It's always nice to look out and see something done. Does Cowboy like it?? :cool:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm coming to the realization that my younger daughter will never meet him. My mom thinks this will probably be the last time she sees him. I wish I could go to Florida but I can't (both financially/farm wise and because of that darn Zika virus).

So, good question. Does Cowboy approve of your fencing?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does Cowboy like it?? :cool:
Does Cowboy approve of your fencing?
So far so good - but - technically this is probably not the best way to contain him. He uses cattle panels like a ladder and climbs right over. I might have a cure for that though. Some of the panels I used had welded wire on them to contain the chickens. My dumb a$$ took it off of most of the panels...but I have an idea brewing.

With the welded wire ON the panels - at least at the top - he won't be able to get his big ol' feet in there to climb. So, if this becomes an issue I will be back out there re-attaching all the wire that I spent so many hours taking OFF of the panels. :he

Have a sore throat and ears this morning. YaY for that. I still haven't caught up on the sleep I missed Saturday night and didn't sleep well last night either.

Happy Monday!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughh on the lack of sleep and the sore throat nonsense. You can NOT get sick!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can NOT get sick!!
I keep telling myself that! I want to crawl back in my bed and sleep for a couple of days. I've told myself all morning that I'd feel better once I'd been up for awhile. Hasn't happened yet. So, I searched my office and popped a couple Motrin that I found a few minutes ago. THEN, after I'd taken them, I decided to check the expiration date on the bottle. Geeze louise - I've probably poisoned myself, lol! They expired in 2013! :th