Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OMG @baymule - not sure how I missed that last night. We musta posted at the same time. That is hilarious - after the fact I'm sure. Same thing happened a few years back with dad. They were still living at home at the time and my brother called me complaining that dad was complaining about being constipated. So, I asked him how long it had been....TWO WEEKS was the response and dad was starting to throw up. I was furious! Had him taken to the hospital where thankfully, he was remedied of his problem. There was actually talk of a colostomy and other manner of horrible things.... BUT - docs orders of a HHH enema remedied the situation. According to nurse DH - HHH on doctors orders for an enema mean "High, Hot and a Hell of a lot" LOL! :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

"They" say its going to be a rainy weekend. Not sure how to take advantage of that, lol. Thought about processing some older birds, but doesn't sound like fun in the rain. I guess we could do it under the shed, but...eh...I'll think about it. IF we did it on Saturday - only a 60% chance of rain. I could can them on Sunday - 80% chance of rain. I dunno... I'm going to add it to 'the list' but not putting a time line on it.

I've got a broody now. Haven't had much luck with broodies this year. No - that's not true. They've hatched some chicks - but we've only raised about a half dozen of 'em. Going to make a big effort to eradicate some rats before hatch time for this bunch. Maybe I can try to find a safe cage for mama and chicks until the chicks are a bit older.

Red seems to be drying up so I brought in one of her daughters to milk who is still nursing 9 month old kids, lol. Her kids are probably bred so maybe they're old enough to wean now? LOL!!! I need to put some more milk in the freezer to keep us going through the dry spell. I'll likely dry all the gals off at the end of December anyway. It'll be okay with me if I have a short break before kidding time. I need to actually start paying attention to which does may or may not be bred.

Short night last night. Thunder/lightening started around 2:30...parents were restless...I'm sleepy!

TGIF!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
9 months? She's patient. Lol yeah I would say they're old enough!

Good luck with your broody!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
9 months? She's patient. Lol yeah I would say they're old enough!
I've got 4 does who are still nursing their doe kids. Two pure Nubians, one Kinder (not milk stand trained) and the Nigi doe. I tend to let that happen just so I can have access to more milk if/when I need it. All my does are good about letting their doe kids stay on the tit, lol!

Hoping this broody does well. I need to go out and candle the eggs. She started with 8 eggs, but now I think there's 11 in the nest. I need to mark the original ones and start pulling the others. I need eatin' eggs!