Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do the kids grow faster that way? It is a good idea, might have to do that if I get overwhelmed lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't really know. :hu They do have that extra boost from the milk so maybe they do. I spent years weaning on a schedule - just because I thought I should. Then I started milking and my whole perspective changed! I like having milk on demand, lol. The other reason I leave kids on mom is that if I want to go away for a night - babies will do the milking for me. It's a win-win!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Milk on demand is nice! It only works if you keep a bunch of babies though, lol! (I hope to not do that.... Right)

It is really nice to be able to go away for a night. Or just go to bed early. Or stay inside and drink wine... Any of those!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a difference a poop (or 3) makes, lol. (Sorry NHH!)

Dad is a different person tonight! He's been chattering allllll afternoon. He's even told stories that I've never heard before. Now, he's over there trying to do card tricks for mom. Twice he forgot how to do 'em - but once he got it right!

I am seriously thinking about talking to his doc or home health or whoever and seeing what meds we can take him off of. He's 89 for gosh sakes! Does he still need to take a statin? I'm sure his quality of life will improve if he's off of some of these things. I'd rather have him happy and less compromised for a shorter time than always tired, cranky and dizzy for a longer time. He's really very healthy except for being old, lol.

Next - I'm going to start getting to work on trying to get Aid and Attendance VA benefits for them. It might or might not ever happen - there's so much paperwork that they no longer have since the flood. Hopefully the VA will have the records that we don't have. But, I still need marriage certificates, SS award papers, proof of all their income and a host of other things. Gotta get started on these things.

Been on the phone with FEMA twice in the last few days. Gotta get started on the appeal process with them. Nothing is ever easy. Virtually everyone else in their neighborhood has gotten their award. Technically mom and dad have their award also. The problem is that all their neighbors all around them got 10 times the amount that mom/dad got. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I am so not into all this minutia!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like your lazy weaning schedule. Pretty darn smart. I don't have milk goats or a cow because I am not that dedicated. I admire those who are, but I'd rather buy milk.

At 89 years old, yes, take your father off the drugs. His quality of life at this point is more important then the quantity of life. I am glad that he is feeling better. Doctors have evolved into pill pushers, it is easier than actually listening to what is really going on.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Up and at 'em this morning. I was outside and working a couple before anybody else was out of bed. Needed to do the fence work that I put off last weekend when I ended up replacing the back fence. So, I'm back to restructuring the pig area so I can pen up the big boar and the one we're gonna butcher so that the girly pigs can have the pasture.

Came in and made raisin bran/prune muffins. See the trend here, lol! Gotta say they're moist and tasty. Put some molasses in 'em so they're dark and rich. The intended side effect will definitely keep me from over indulging, lol!

I've gotta get some laundry done today and I'd really like to clean my bathroom...geeze...one would think I'm a real slob if they opened the door and looked in there. What is it with make-up and hair spray that destroys a bathroom so quickly?

Gotta get moving and get some towels clean so I can get mom showered/hair washed today. She'll put it off every chance she gets :sick so I have to plan ahead and have everything ready.

I think meatloaf is on the menu for dinner tonight. I should go ahead and mix it up so it will be ready to pop in the oven later today. Somewhere in the midst of all these things I need to finish the fence work I started this morning and maybe try to get the lawn mowed before it rains anymore.

Better get busy - happy Saturday, ya'll!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Happy busy day!

Meatloaf sounds delicious. I have that on the menu this week. It might be my favorite meal, it's up there with pizza anyway lol!

How hard is it moving your pigs around? Do they follow you for grain? Our friend has a pig box he uses, even at home, he puts in some grain and can use the tractor to move them to a new pen. I thought that was brilliant. Of course they're a little bigger than your pigs!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The meatloaf was delish! Half pork half beef...yummy!

Got the pig pen done, moved the guys in with feed (lazy but easy way). Went out later and they were out....GRRRRRRRRRRR! I haven't even looked to see where they got out at. Not sure I care right now - but I will by tomorrow morning.

Laundry mostly finished. Mom not bathed - but expect to spend more time inside tomorrow if the forecast is correct.

Lawn did NOT get mowed.... sigh.

O, oh oh - GD's 10th b'day is tomorrow! So excited - she's entering the double digit world tomorrow. I miss them little stinkers. Seems to be a popular weekend for b'days! :)