Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
And tonight I'll drink enough for everybody, lol!

I swear I'm not making this crap up - nobody could make this crap up! I just want to know who has the flippin' voodoo doll and is twisting the knife! :he

TOTALLY NOT HIS FAULT - DH was part of a 5 car pile up coming home tonight. Can you really believe this $hit - I can't. He, (and all the rest of the traffic), was stopped on the beltway. Ya know- stop and go traffic. He was stopped, the car in front of him was stopped, the two trucks behind him were stopped - but the guy behind them didn't stop at all. He plowed into vehicles that were sitting still...pushed a truck into another truck which ran into DH and pushed him into the car in front of him. ARGH!!!!!!! But, I've gotta say that the reason we bought a ridiculously expensive Volvo was for it's safety features. Out of the five vehicles...two of them were rendered undriveable. But, his little Volvo takes a lickin' and keeps on ticking.

So, yea....

Edited to add that I didn't get the number of vehicles right the first time...there were 5 cars involved - not four.
Oh my word… Hope DH is o.k. and the car not too damaged. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is such a great dog...with this one flaw. It's funny though...the neighbor that I had the shout-out with a while back is now on his side. She isn't afraid of him anymore and even tried to put him up for me the other day. Wonders never cease!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're right, lol. Hopefully, I can get some fresh pics soon. He's gorgeous, but bad, but awesome. He was out today and came home with a brand new collar, lol. Guess Santa Claus found him! I think my neighbor did it...the one that used to hate him. It's cute - but kinda girly....all cougar printed with rhinestones. :lol:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ha ha! I love it. Why the sudden change of heart, any idea? He is a darn lovely dog. We really should complain more about the lack of pictures;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why the sudden change of heart, any idea?
It had to be the "fight" we had. Turns out that during the fight I found out she was terrified of him because of his size. I made her come "meet" him and see how gentle he really is. Years ago we were best of friends and drifted apart because of her new husband and his.... well...I just don't like him, lol. But, she is a true animal lover and decided that Cowboy is a good guy.

Wow sorry to hear about the wreck.
Thanks! We spent all day yesterday just trying to find DH a rental car. After Hurricane Harvey the rental cars were either flooded or claimed by folks who needed 'em. They're still trying to recover their inventory. WE finally got one, but had to drive a fair piece to get it.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah a lot of people are just scared of big dogs! I love big dogs!

I'm not so sure how masculine he feels with that fancy collar on. He might develop a complex:p

My FIL said everyone has to be careful buying cars now because after the flood they shipped a lot of them up here and elsewhere around the country without disclosing that they had been in a flood. Sneaky! And how rude!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Neighbor had Weimaraner's for years - so I was surprised when I found out she was afraid of Cowboy...but he is considerably bigger than a Weimar too, lol. Me - I'm wary of Weimar's - never met one that didn't bite me or someone I know. :hu

Start of my Christmas Vacation today....yay? I always save up my time-eating projects for this time because I've got nearly 3 weeks off. Last year I was dying of the flu for the entire vacation and this year I'm kinda house bound. Sigh... I did talk to the folks care-giver and found out that she can help me some in the afternoons. I told her I could give her at least a couple hours every afternoon if she wanted to just so I can feed without hurrying too much and at least work on a project in more than 15 minute increments.

BUT - all this inside time will give me the opportunity to do some house projects that I've been needing to get to. Ugh.