Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Might not help me all that much either, but I'm gonna make a feeble attempt, lol. If nothing else, I'll try to get some beans canned. I love that convenience and why pay a buck a can in the store when you can do it for pennies instead?!

I am gonna work on coming up with simple finger food and snacks for mom. We are having a really hard time getting her to eat. I did some reading this morning and am going to try a technique that I saw online. We use a lot of paper plates around here - and paper plates generally have patterns on them. The article I read said to put their food on a solid colored plate. They recommend red, but I don't have any. As luck would have it - this is the season for red plates! I'm going to try to get some and see if that makes a difference. Until I can snag some red ones, I'll use either a solid green or yellow because I have a couple of those around. I'm also going to concentrate on simple finger foods. I've noticed lately that she's occasionally having an issue using utensils.

Home health is coming this morning. Guess I'll get my usual chewing out for not having procured flu shots for them.....sigh. :(

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That seems kinda silly. Tell them to take it easy on you - you're only a little busy these days!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, they've been here and gone and never even mentioned the flu shots. Yay! However, I told her that mom was regressing quickly...very quickly. She asked mom if she knew where she was....and she said "yes, I'm right here." Nurse asked her who I was - and mom said I was her sister. Mom was covered with a throw and she (mom) kept asking me what it was. She didn't recognize it as a blanket/throw. Anyway - after a few more questions and observing mom at her new 'normal' she pronounced mom "hospice eligible." Honestly, I was a bit surprised - I didn't think we're at that level yet - but I may be biased. However - if they offer more help - it might be just what we need.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow. I wouldn't have expected that either. They've really expanded hospice care, so you should get more help. :hugs tough thing to hear though.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Best I could do...

image.jpg
image.jpg