Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well if we all lived a little closer to Texas you would have quite the team to helpers! Darn globe is too big, lol!

Hope the house sale comes along quickly. That'll be a huge weight off your shoulders. Sorry about your chair, that stinks. But happy to hear your mom is calmer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Darn globe is too big, lol!
You are right about that...:(

Sorry about your chair, that stinks.
LOL - I've got odor neutralizer! I swear there might be some changes when they are settled somewhere. DH has been wanting a new dining room set for years...mine is kinda rustic and he wants something more modern. Eh, maybe now I'll at least consider it.

New 'symptom' tonight. Went to put mom in bed and she wouldn't lay down. She sat on the bed but couldn't do more than that.
So I took her by the shoulders and was attempting to maneuver her head down on her pillow when she kinda threw herself straight back on the bed in a stiff posture. I lifted her legs in and got her straight but she won't move. She is usually a side-sleeper but she is not even trying to move into a more comfortable position. Very unnerving. SMH.....

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My heart is breaking for you. This is too much, just too much. I put my Mom in Assisted Living and she didn't need a TB test. Maybe the difference in small town and big city? What a bunch of hoop-la to have to go through for a simple test.

I was a lousy horse mamma for 3 years. My poor gelding didn't get a sheath cleaning in I don't know how long.....his sheath was swollen and infected when I finally noticed. I felt horrible. When I went to feed my horses, Mom sat in the car, if I didn't hurry back, she would be out of the car and starting down the road. Sigh.... I had to get a sitter for Mom so I could go out to our land and take care of my poor horse. I had to put him on antibiotics, gave his pee-pee a thorough cleaning and dug out white blobs (the bean). I felt so guilty. I cried on his neck and apologized to him over and over.

You NEED farm time. Hire someone for the DAY. pack yourself a lunch, drinks and snacks. Pee in the barn. Do NOT go back in the house. Take care of your animals and YOU.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You NEED farm time. Hire someone for the DAY. pack yourself a lunch, drinks and snacks. Pee in the barn. Do NOT go back in the house. Take care of your animals and YOU.
You are right about that! For the past couple of days I've been paying their sitter to come down for an hour so I can feed properly and actually put eyes on the critters. I know that guilt feeling for not being a good critter mommy. I have it every minute of the day. :(

Last night was not good. Mom got up to pee at 1:30... that's not a problem - she went right back to bed, thankfully NOT stiff. But, dad got up at 4:00am in his underwear. I came downstairs and told him it wasn't time to get up to go back to bed. He agreed and went back to his room... just long enough to get dressed. I hear him downstairs again so I come down. He's passed by the kitchen and dining room and is headed to the front door. When I get down the stairs I'm standing in front of the door and he tells me to get the hell out of his way he's going to go get breakfast. I shake my head at him and motion for him to turn around. He's threatening me with the walker - pushing it towards me and yelling for me to get out of the way he's going to get breakfast come hell or high water. I'm telling him to turn around and go sit down at the table and I'll get him a snack, but he thinks I'm telling him to go back to bed... ARGGGGGGG... I finally get him convinced to sit at the table and DH comes downstairs because he hears the commotion and walks up beside where dad is sitting. Dad turns to him and says "do you have a damn problem?" DH nods his head and dad tries to get out of the chair with his fists balled up to hit DH. Thankfully, he can't even get up. It was not fun....it woke mom up and the rest of the night was just ruined. I never even went back to bed.

DH is off for the next couple weeks while his company tries to finalize a new contract. He's been working contract with this company for awhile now - but they are requiring all their auditors to re-apply for their jobs with this new contract. DH is worried he might not get hired back because he's missed so much work. Until it's all settled, he will be the caretaker for mom/dad at least until they are in the facility.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs You need someone to take care of them overnight, even if it's just now and then, so you can get some rest. I hope some help with come forth for you SOON!

I'm glad your DH is there to help you with your parents and :fl his employers will be understanding and let him renew his contract and hire him back. Life happens and this is not going to continue too much longer, hopefully!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm glad your husband will be able to help for the next few weeks. Hopefully you'll have somewhere for them soon. You need to sleep!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hope you got a better night's sleep and things are o.k. by you. Thinking of you and yours :hugs