Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Somebody stop this roller coaster and let me OFFFFF! I went back up there when they told me he'd crashed a bit - and by the time I got there he was back to his normal.

We have another African dust cloud headed our way Sunday and Monday. That means as soon as I finish the antibiotics I'm on for the crud I caught from the lasst one - the new one will hit us and I'll probably get sick all over again. I'm loving life right now. Gonna go get wine. And maybe I'll stop complaining - or not, lol!

But, after tomorrow night when our big banquet is over - my work life will be oh so much better! It can't get here fast enough!!

Oh, and my daughter broke a couple bones in her foot today - she's having a run of good luck too! LOL, clumsy girl!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Starbucks really must be scraping the bottom of the barrel when their help cannot comprehend simple questions, complete with the answer and instructions. Makes you want to reach across the counter and shake the idiot until her teeth rattle. And she will someday reproduce more of her own kind...…..

Your Dad.....up and down. Bless you and Bless him. May God grant him peace and relief.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, massive hugs for you and your dad and your DD! :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And Starbucks still missed up our order - after TWO phone calls tody....geeze louise! Okay - I'm over it.

I made it! Our six week summer session is O.V.E.R! We finished it off with the banquet tonight for 200ish people. It went well and I don't even want to think about it again until next year.

I haven't been in my garden in 10 days or so and it sure looks like it. The okra should be starting to produce any day now. Red rippers are still producing - I just need to get in there and pick some! Thank goodness if I don't get 'em picked they just turn themselves from fresh peas into dried peas! AND - when I was out this morning I saw a rabbit in my garden.... a wildish type of rabbit and it was NOT a baby. My garden isn't out in the middle of a field somewhere - it's not even that far from the house - but there was a rabbit in there nonetheless....grrrrrrr! Guess I needa turn Ms. Gracie loose in there - I'm sure she could make short work of a cute little bunny....

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! You survived summer session! Starbucks... Get with it! Their coffee is gross anyway.

Happy weekend! Have some rabbit stew? Lol

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice to have passed through the "summer session", once again. Amazing how we endure. Now you can (maybe?) stress less for a couple weeks. Then, it all begins again. :rolleyes:

So, how many more years do you have?

I figure I have only 15 of my 18 months left to "retire". It will be more of a "don't have to work elsewhere" than anything else -- I mean, reality is what it is. It means I can relax a little from the requirements of others -- milk at my own pace -- work on my gardening skills.

Speaking of milking, I need to go do that!! I am oddly milking some once a day & maybe 1X every other day, one 2X (she had twin bucks), etc. Yes, doelings sharing the work for now. :D Depends on who gets there first, me or them :lol: The bucklings are fine, some complaining.

I know you can relate to this. So what pops up today? Your instructions for caramel sauce. Yeah, gotta do that one! Want to make some cheeses, butter and then will probably have one or two does milking some for another couple months. Then will dry off. "maybe next year" isn't that our motto/dream for our days ahead?? o_O

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just got back from my final visit to the Assisted Living Facility. Dad passed this morning.